• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yamaha KX88 or S80?

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha KX88 or S80?

I am looking at purchasing another Midi Controller,anyone have experience on any of these? I do want breath control, and S80 has it, but I was thinking I could also get an external breath control to work with Kx88m which might cost less. I really want the Authentic Piano touch.

I do not know how much the KX88 is worth these days.

I would really appreciate it any experience on these two products.

David

Re: Yamaha KX88 or S80?

David, there is one on Ebay currently going for $280 - this is a great price!

I use an old KX88 (with a BC2 breath controller) because its weighted touch is still the most realistic of all the models I\'ve tried.

Neal

I use an old KX88 (with a BC2 breath controller) because its weighted touch is still the most realistic of all the models I\'ve tried.

After what you have described, the Kx88 has breath control input, and I could use a BC3?

Dave

The S80 was my choice initially before I found a really good price for a kurzweil k2500. The S80 has a superb piano feel, and has breath control. It really is a bang for the buck. ( www.yamahasynth.com )

Thanks A Sapp

I have been eyeing the S80 also. It does look very promising, and I have played it. It does have a nice feel. How does the feel of the S80 compare to the feel of the Kx88?

David

I am a very happy S80 user. The keyboard touch is great and I would thoroughly recommend it! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Hello, everyone.

New Yamaha S90 is coming!
    It will be on sale from 8/1 in Japan.

Sorry, my stupid English.
    http://www.wisemanproject.com/english-ken-p.htm

The S80 is excellent. I\'ve had mine for for about 2 years now. Not only does it work well as your main controller, it has some excellent sounds built in as well.

Originally posted by Munsie:
    The S80 is excellent. I\'ve had mine for for about 2 years now. Not only does it work well as your main controller, it has some excellent sounds built in as well.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for all the input. The S80 does look very promising.

David

I\'ve been very happy with the Kurzweil SP88x feel. It\'s fairly realistic and the price is very affordable. You can probably pick one up for around $600.

Go Back to forum