• Register
  • Help

Topic: World Fusion demo-Bolder/VL-70m

World Fusion demo-Bolder/VL-70m

Here\'s something I\'m playing with-a bunch of sounds from the Best of Bolder library with the VL-70m PM synth. I have just received my Roland AX1 with the pitch ribbon control, (and am adding the breath controller interface, for the MIDI melodica!) so I will be replacing the LFO vibrato with \'real\' finger-controlled vibrato in the next week or so, but I thought you might get a kick out of the concept.

Warning, it\'s big (7.6 MB).

Enjoy. Comments and criticism welcome.

Pipe Dreams Follow the Giga link near the bottom of the page.

Re: World Fusion demo-Bolder/VL-70m

Pretty nice. Reminds me I gotta give the VL70 some more excersise. The pipe organ is out of tune though!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] How do you record your VL70 parts - live to audio? Since the MIDI implementation is very lame, to say the least. Or do you use another synth as breath controller?

Thanks, Simon-that\'s not a pipe organ, that\'s one of Dennis\'s granular files. I felt the detuning adds a nice touch, and puts it more in the World category. What IS out of tune is the hammered dulcimer-I pitched it down at the beginning of the section, but the higher octave needs still more bend to bring it in tune.

AS for the VL70, I recorded that to my sequencer from the Kurzweil 2500 with breath controller. But it sure makes it difficult if you want to quantize anything, \'cause the note-ons are NOT necessarily the start of the note...

In subsequent tracks, I\'ll be using the Roland AX1 with breath control merged in, to give me that true vibrato control.

Simon,I have a VL70-m ..i record to cassette tape and then back into Cool Edit Pro ..line out....works like a dream with giga samples...Im a jazz man so need good solo lead horns....still learning about Wind synthesis.....draw in the controllers...

Go Back to forum