• Register
  • Help

Topic: ANYONE USING CAKE 9.03,GIGASTUDIO 96 2.00.26, AND DIRECT PRO 24/96?

Share/Bookmark

ANYONE USING CAKE 9.03,GIGASTUDIO 96 2.00.26, AND DIRECT PRO 24/96?

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WORKING WITH THESE THREE KEY COMPONENTS THAT ACTUALLY HAS GOTTEN THEM TO \"GET-ALONG\" LIKE GOOD LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS(WITH GIGA BEING THE FEMALE...YOU KNOW, DIRECT PRO AND CAKE WERE GETTIN ALONG JUST FINE UNTIL SHE SHOWED UP!). I\'M NOT SURE IF IT MAKES A DIFFERNCE OR NOT BUT I\'M WORKING ON A P4, MILLENIUM EDITION SETUP. WHAT I NEED TO IS YOUR EXACT SETUP....MIDI ROUTES, AUDIO SETTINGS(IN BOTH SOFTWARE)AND ANY OTHER USEFUL INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL.....SOMEBODY?

Re: ANYONE USING CAKE 9.03,GIGASTUDIO 96 2.00.26, AND DIRECT PRO 24/96?

I run Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.03, Gigastudio 160, and the Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 all at the same time, with no problems. I switch back and forth between Cake and Giga frequently, and have no problems. I also record into Cakewalk from Giga, no problems. My systems is: Dell PIII 850 with 256 MB RAM, two 30 GB hard drives (one drive is partitioned (1) OS (2) Cake data files (3)Cake, Giga, and plugins (4) other programs). The other hard drive is purely Gigasamples. I use the Direct Pro 1,2 for Giga and the Direct Pro 3,4 and 5,6 selected as drivers in Cakewalk. I do not have any screen savers, utilities, or virus checkers running in the background. Basically, I try to keep my system as clean as possible. I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey devious,
    I have almost the same task ahead of me as you do. I\'m running GS 160 instead of 96...but the rest is about the same. Apperently this Doug Guy got it working, and posted how he did...which is on this site somewhere....but he was very vague about the exact settings, (he was at work) and I think he decided to leave the post, having gotton it to work...HEY DOUG> if you are still out there, please make a post with your exact settings in 1. the aardvark patchbay thingy 2. Gigastudio 3. Cakewalk. I will wash your car and feed your dog for eternity!!!
    Anyway, I just got the direct pro two days ago, and I\'m doing the trial and error thing. If I come up with anything, I\'ll let you know...and if you do, post here, or e-mail direct poppifree@mailroom.com.
    There is a way to do it....That\'s something.
    Goodluck,
    Free.

Hello Poppifree.

Well, I am at work. But I will try to send my settings tonight when I get home. It took a bit of experimenting, like you are trying to do now, but now that I am, it sure is nice to just record into Cakewalk what Gigastudio is playing, based on the midi info that Cake is sending Giga. I switch screens back and forth from Giga to Cake, adding and subtracting tracks and loaded instruments...with no crashes. I know it just hurts for you to hear this now when you don\'t have it running, but you should be there soon.

Doug

Alright. Here are my settings. I am going to list the settings I think might be relevant. Many of these may not affect the interplay between Cakewalk, Gigastudio, and Aardvark.

Aardvark: Patchbay - Monitor L,R to Analog 1,2 out, Analog 3,4 out, Analog 5,6 out.

Gigastudio: Settings>Hardward Routing>Hardware: Aardvark Pro 9624 Multichannel
    Settings>Hardware Routing>Midi In to Midi Out Mapping: Midi In Ports: Direct Pro 24/96; Midi Out Ports: NemeSys Out: Port 1, NemeSys Out: Port 2, NemeSys Out: Port 3, NemeSys Out: Port 4
    Settings>Hardware Routing>Outputs Enabled: 1,2
    Cakewalk chosen as sequencer
    Cakewalk chosen as Wave Editor

Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.3
    Options>Midi Devices>Input Ports: Direct Pro 24/96
    Options>Midi Devices>Output Ports: Nemesys MidiOut: Port 1 - Direct Pro 24/96; Ports 2,3, and 4 have not been selected (I\'ll probably need to select them some day when I want to use the other ports)
    Options>Instruments>Port/Channel: 1: Nemesys MidiOut: Port 1/1 Uses Instrument (default)
    Options>Audio>General: Playback timing master: 5,6 Direct Pro 24/96; Record Timing Master: 5,6 Direct Pro 24/96
    Options>Audio>Drivers: Input Drivers - 3,4 Direct Pro 24/96; 5,6 Direct Pro 24/96
    Options>Audio>Drivers: Output Drivers - 3,4 Direct Pro 24/96; 5,6 Direct Pro 24/96
    Options>Audio>Advanced: Enable Read caching and Enable write caching not selected; I/O Buffer size (KB) 64; Playback and recording - the following are selected: Simultaneous Record/Playback, Stop on Driver Underrun, WavePipe (TM) Acceleration, Unpack>16 bit audio, Left justify unpacked data; Synchronization - the following is selected: Full Chase Lock.

I hope this has been helpful. Sorry about the punctuation. I am not sure how to punctate the descriptions in order to describe the flow of tabs and choices within the tabbed windows.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Doug

Doug,
    Hey thanks a whole bunch. I havn\'t gotten a chance to try these settings yet (as I too am now at work) but I will tommorow night...I\'m reverting back to win 98 II and I\'m in the middle of it. But everything is very clear. Thanks again for your efforts, even if they don\'t pan out. I\'ll repost in a couple of days, and let you know how it worked.

Hello Poppifree. I forgot to tell you what settings I use in the track view for Source and Port when I record. I\'m at work, again, so I\'m not very clear on it, but I remember that I discovered that they have to be set f or different Direct Pro outputs. For example, the Source is set to Direct Pro 3,4 and the Port is set to Direct Pro 5,6; or vice versa. But I\'m pretty sure that if they are set to the same Direct Pro output pair, it doesn\'t work. That\'s it. Good luck.

Doug

Go Back to forum