• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonic Implant Strings

Sonic Implant Strings

Just received this. GOS prices, unfortunately. I guess us homies are out of luck! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Greetings Sonic Implantees!

You haven\'t heard from us lately because we\'ve been toiling and slaving over our biggest project to date, Sonic Implants Symphonic String Collection, an eighteen CD or three DVD collection in GigaSampler format. (Other formats to follow.)

Members of the Boston Pops and Boston Ballet Orchestras were recorded last June and July by 2001 Emmy award winning engineer Antonio Oliart and RIAA award winning engineer John Bono at Sonic Temple Studios in Roslindale, MA. In the eleven months since then, Sonic Network engineers have spent twelve hour days making this the ultimate in high quality symphonic strings samples. We\'re tired, but we\'re happy, because all is ready except for a few last minute details.

We start shipping the week of June 17th, but we have a special pre-release offer for our loyal customers.

Symphonic String Collection on CD-ROM or DVD
    Sample Library for Gigasampler, 18 CD-ROM Set or 3 DVD Set, Complete Documentation

Price $1295

Introductory Pre-release Price $995

Good until June 30, 2002

Come see why we\'re so excited! Listen to the demos! Let us know what you think! http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings

Implant This!

Your Sonic Implant Team

Re: Sonic Implant Strings

I\'m sorry, but damn, these strings haven\'t really caught my ear yet.

Are there going to be any individual instruments, or is it a whole library or nothing situation?

London, UK

I think Simon\'s full orchestra demo was great but am really concerned about how slow the demos have been put up on their web page...

Does this perhaps indicate that it this library isn\'t as playable as Sonic Implants would like to suggest??

Id think its more due to the fact that Simon is more comfortable with Giga Studio libraries. As well as acustomed to some of the programming techniques having used GOS for quite some time. This means he can do demos a bit faster.

It also helps that he\'s a good composer, but dont let him know I said that [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think he\'ll do more when time allows for him to.

I dont think all the demo composers really know how fully take advantage of the Xfade technique. I\'m speaking out of my *** here tho. I have no clue what is actually going on. Still I would find it hard ot believe the library isn\'t playable.

I\'ll probably buy it, just due to the sound of the basses. I personally think ther are things I like better about GOS, and things that I like better about the sound of SI. Its too bad there are other orchestral (partly) string libraries I\'m interested in too. VSL....KH...

on one hand its a great time to be in the market for orchestral libraries...on the other hand (read $$$$) its a terrible time. BAH!

Looks like they are trying to take a slice of the $1000.00 pie served by their competitor. I was really hoping they were going to price it around the $500.00 level. I was actually considering it. I\'m sure in time they will drop the price, obvious for now they are marketing it to the guys who will buy it for their work at any expense. But who would have figured this kind of product at this kind of price from, Sonic Implants????

Go Back to forum