• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bardstown/Scarbee/Wizoo

As I am not required to make mp3\'s with no processing, but instead can make them for my own tastes, I tried my hand at a little mix on Kip\'s demo song. I\'m certainly interested in people\'s comments.

Re: Bardstown/Scarbee/Wizoo

I\'m an unqualified newbie, but I\'ll give it a shot. My personal preference might be for the acoustic bass in music of this style, but your (fretless?) bass sound was very present, yet smooth and unobtrusive. I think you\'ve got good definition without making anything particularly distracting. Like it.

What kind of processing did you use? What libraries? Same piano?

Hi. Yes, I think that an acoustic bass would be more traditional, but I wanted to try this out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I like the presense of the electric bass personally.

This was the same piano as Kip\'s version, with the Scarbee Fingered bass and the Wizoo Large Ambient drum set. I used a number Waves products on this, but didn\'t spend a huge amount of time on the mix. I just sort of used a standard set of things I do for a lot of my music. There were no external processors.

I captured this straight out of GSt 96, through PTLE and directly bounced it to disk real time. No audio was ever recorded.

As I said, it was just another quick version of the tune, so that people could hear some good libraries in a slightly different way.

Very interesting Mark. Great piano sound! And the playing... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You could improve the bass track by using grace notes and mutes (g-daa)on the walking bass. Also use different velocities for more dynamics - could you mail me the bass track - and I could work on it?

Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    Very interesting Mark. Great piano sound! And the playing... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thank you Thomas! Great sounding bass too!

Bardstown Audio

Hi Kip,

I would love to put a little magic on the bass track... would that be possible?

Go Back to forum