• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good marketing....

Share/Bookmark

Good marketing....

I\'ve been thinking. Since libraries are getting better and better, and prices are going higher and higher.... and return policies are staying the same... I think we need a little more \"Try Before you buy\" experiences. Let\'s be honest, in a library the size of GOS or the new SI string library, we\'re looking at 16+ CDRoms. Surely they could post 1, and i just mean 1, fully funtional Giga instrument to try out. SI did a file that you can use 1 note from each instrument, but I can try that in a song. How about a violin. Or a viola. Sure it\'s giving part of your library away, but I think it would come back to help the sell of the libraries. So how about it developers? New marketing campaign? We don\'t want a hand out, but let\'s be honest, I\'ve thrown out a lot of money on libaries I don\'t always like. So I\'m hesitant to drop $1k on some things. Plus, it could put to rest rediculous threads like the one regarding D. Dean brass a couple weeks ago. Instead of grumbling about the demos, why not give out a french horn that we can all try. Then we can form our own opinions [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J-

Re: Good marketing....

Post Audio Media has a free downloadable Dulcimer Gig-file on it\'s website (called HACKBRETT) as a try-before-you-buy demo regarding the Post Orchestral Instruments and Post pianoSuite libraries. You can find it on the updates page.

BTW we DO try to keep our prices down in order to keep customer-friendly relations. Post Orchestral Instruments e.g. is $45, can\'t make that any cheaper I can assure you.
    Michiel Post

Yes, the Post Orch. Collection is well worth the small price tag of $45. I\'d recommend it to anyone. And thanks Mike for the free file. I presume that\'s the same one that came with my collection so I haven\'t downloaded it. But from the more expensive libraries in particular, I think the \"try before you buy\" file would be very helpful [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Plus, it\'s just a nice gesture... what ever happened to just being nice? It\'s like... in the world of samples, having a jar of lollipops out there for the kids [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Only we\'re the kids and the candy is a free file!!!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I have IE6 and never had problems. There are no hidden scripts on that page.
    Try http://www.postaudiomedia.com/main.html and see if that goes.

The downloadable file is at:
    http://www.postaudiomedia.com/updates/Dulcimer.exe
    Michiel Post

Michael,
    This page works just fine. The other still does not. One caveat - I\'m on NT 4.0 in my office in case it makes a difference. I\'ll try for an ME machine later today.

Mark

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    I have IE6 and never had problems. There are no hidden scripts on that page.
    Try http://www.postaudiomedia.com/main.html and see if that goes.

The downloadable file is at:
    http://www.postaudiomedia.com/updates/Dulcimer.exe
    Michiel Post
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

I was excited to see the anvil collection in the Post Audio stuff, but the demo did not show me what I really wanted in an anvil: I want that huge anvil of god sound with some smack innit. Listen to the first track of Zimmers \"Crimson Tide\" to get what I mean. Does that \"Post\" anvil collection have that?
    I like the HARPSICHORD tho, and the glock is tempting.

Numerical Sound has several GigaSampler files (in WinRaR format) that any user can download. The patches are from the sampling CD\'s Drone Archeology and New Orleans; The Delta Grooves. These files are at http://www.numericalsound.com/smpcdgig.html

Ernest Cholakis
    Numerical Sound

Just have to comment that Michiel\'s HACKBRETT file is simple, but quite playable and charming. I\'ve had it for a while now, and am using it in a World Beat production quite successfully. Thanks, Michiel.

Ernest\'s downloads are also quite spectacular in their way-if you haven\'t been to his site, and are into the underlying foundations of musical sound, check him out. The man definitely knows whereof he speaks, and is NOT \"talking out of his beast of burden!\" (Thanks for that, Chadwick [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Dasher

Michiel,
    Internet Explorer 6.0 is giving me an \'Error on page\' note when I visit your page, today, June 5th.

Mark

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    Post Audio Media has a free downloadable Dulcimer Gig-file on it\'s website (called HACKBRETT) as a try-before-you-buy demo regarding the Post Orchestral Instruments and Post pianoSuite libraries. You can find it on the updates page.

BTW we DO try to keep our prices down in order to keep customer-friendly relations. Post Orchestral Instruments e.g. is $45, can\'t make that any cheaper I can assure you.
    Michiel Post
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum