• Register
  • Help

Topic: UNINSTALL/REINSTALLING GIGASTUDIO 96

Share/Bookmark

UNINSTALL/REINSTALLING GIGASTUDIO 96

AFTER UNINSTALLING THEN REINSTALLING SYTEM HANGS ON \"BUILDING QUICKSOUND DATABASE\" SCREEN.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH DIRECTION TO TAKE FROM HEERE, I\'M LOST IN THE WOODS.

Re: UNINSTALL/REINSTALLING GIGASTUDIO 96

Thedevious 1,
    Your system does not hang. Building quicksound database is actually a very long process (several hours) and since no indication are given, it looks like the system hangs. What you have to do is simply wait until it\'s finished.

Happy new year,
    Giorgio

THANKS, GIORGIO, BUT WHEN I HIT CTRL+ALT+DEL IT SHOWS THAT QUICKSOUND HAS STOPPED RESPONDING ALTOGETHOR.ON TOP OF THAT, THE IFIRST TIME I INSTALLED IT ONLY TOOK A FEW SECONDS(A MINUTE AT THE MOST...THANKS TO MY P4.I WILL GIVE IT A TRY BUT I HAVE A GOOD FEELING THAT THERE IS A FILE SOMEWHERE IN MY REGISTER (OR SOMEWHERE) THAT IS NOT BEING DELETED(OR INSTALLED).ANYONE HAVE ANY SPECIAL INFO THAT I NEED TO BE AWARE OF?

Hey Devious,

I had a similar experience to you and Giorgio, hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and saw that Quicksound was listed as \'not responding\'. But I gave it another go, just left the PC for ages, and even though it acted like it was hung, Quicksound released the PC after a long while - having completed the profile.

It\'s simply another example of Giga\'s less than elegant programming.

Just do it and go to the movies while you\'re waiting

I had similar problems because GS is looking at many types of audio files that it supports. In my case I have lots of WAV files for Acid, but I don\'t want GS to use them. I only need GS to look for GIG files. When I emailed GS about this, they sent me a program that tells GS to only scan for the types of files you\'d like. After I ran this, my GS load fast all the time because it\'s now only looking for GIG files like I told it to.

Ron

D*MN....IT ACTUALLY WORKED!THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!......NOW IF I CAN ONLY GET GIGA TO GET ALONG WITH MY AARDVARK AND CAKEWALK I\'D BE IN MUSIC MAKING NIRVANA!

Go Back to forum