• Register
  • Help

Topic: Metamorphosis in Kontakt

Metamorphosis in Kontakt

I recently purchased a few of the Spectasonics products---which are absolutely amazing!

Being that the others are Virtual Intruments, I am wondering if it is \"normal\" for me to get a slighlty lesser audio quality frrom Metamorphosis when I open it from Kontakt in Cubase SX. The wave files on the data disk B seem to be better than when I import.

I realise that this is a Giga library....do some giga libs open better in kontakt than others? I do own GS, but my sound card wont support it, would i get better resulkts that way?

Re: Metamorphosis in Kontakt

Hi Metamorphosis is 16bit compared to some vst\'s that are probably 24bit but I doubt you\'d notice the difference.

I\'ve converted Meta to Kontakt and it sounds fine. Very handy having it already bussed into the mix too.

what im doing is opening the giga files via the direct from disk plugin....should i be saving them as \'native instrument \' files as opposed to opening the gig files?

Yeah, convert them over, there are no complex mod-wheel crossfades or keyswitching in Meta.

I dont know for sure, but you may find they act better as a native Kontakt file rather than using the method your describing. I\'ve never tried to open Gig files that way.

Thank you to all who posted replies.

I converted them to kontakt instruments and then used some eq to add some presence to them.

I can\'t wait for \"Stylus\" to arrive...I just ordered that one last week. I hear it\'s really \'user-friendly\' and that it is for more than just dance/techo/rave type stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sometimes importing giga into kontakt changes parameters.(Amp Vol.,release times,etc..)maybe check to see that everythings \"normal\" when u open up a patch..Rich

if you import using Kontakt 1.5.2 you shouldn\'t hear much of a difference, but velocity response will be different, and cn cause volume discrepencies.

Older versions of kontakt may cause problems with the filter module converting improperly or not at all. Causing a differemce in sound.

Go Back to forum