• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIGA INSTRUMENT EDITOR BIT DEPTH

Share/Bookmark

GIGA INSTRUMENT EDITOR BIT DEPTH

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE EDITOR ONLY SUPPPORT 16-BIT WAVEFILES?....AND WHILE I\'M AT IT, CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE HOW TO PLAY A WHOLE SAMPLE(WORDS) WITHOUT HAVING TO HOLD DOWN THE KEY?

[This message has been edited by THEDEVIOUS1 (edited 01-02-2001).]

Re: GIGA INSTRUMENT EDITOR BIT DEPTH

I think you are 10 years ahead of us.

24-bit and 32-bit samples as normal operation aren\'t here yet. And brain control of playing back computer musical instruments isn\'t here yet either.

Good luck! =)

------------------
    Garth Hjelte
    Chicken Systems Customer Support
    Home of \"Translator\"

Re: GIGA INSTRUMENT EDITOR BIT DEPTH

If you have a bunch of words or phrases assigned to keys in Gigastudio, the only way to play them at full volume from beginning to end is to send a midi note with at least the same duration as the phrase.

There are a few options for this:

1. Actually play a key for the necessary time.

2. Actually play a key, but then hold down a sustain pedal for the necessary time.

3. Insert midi notes of the necessary lengths into a midi sequencer track, then play the sequence back.

Alternatively, if you just want to tap a key briefly and hear the whole phrase, (and the phrase is not too long), you can edit the envelope release time on EG2 (the volume envelope) belonging to the region which contains the sample, so that it has a much longer release than you need to hear the phrase. Just remember that from the moment you let go of the key the volume is dropping off. The longer you set the release time, the less obvious this drop will be for shorter phrases.

Go Back to forum