• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Ocean's 11 Soundtrack

OT: Ocean\'s 11 Soundtrack

I have a question for the musical minds of this forum. If anyone is familiar with the soundtrack to the movie Ocean\'s Eleven with music by David Holmes, I am wondering what genre Holmes\' score would best fit into.

If possible, could you recommend artists who are similar in style to this score?

If you\'re not familiar with it, you can check out some samples of it here:

Pay special attention to \"Pickpockets\", \"Stealing the Pinch\", and \"Boobytrapping\"

Thanks for any help.

Re: OT: Ocean\'s 11 Soundtrack

Try Jazz Funk on mp3.com and see if you find some similar things.

-- Martin

I don\'t seem to find a Jazz Funk genre on mp3.com, and searching for \"jazz funk\" didn\'t find me anything really close.

Any other suggestions?

Seems to be pretty elusive. Is David Holmes the only one in the world making this kind of music??

Also check out the stuff on Out of Sight

his albums and remixes are pretty neat too

for the more loungy electronic stuff try checking out theivery Corporation

Thanks for the tip King,

That was right on the money with Thievery Corporation. Very similar style. Any artists with more of a pure acoustic sound as opposed to the electronic texture of Thievery Corporation?

Not that I don\'t like them, because I definitely do. Just trying to expand my tastes. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks again!

Sorry, I guess I remembered wrong. Funk is under Urban/R&B, but I don\'t think you\'ll find what you want there. Maybe Jazz Fusion?

-- Martin

You might check out my song \"Funky Dingo\" at www.mp3.com/starbirth. It\'s funky and acoustic [smile].

-- Martin

I saw Oceans eleven yesterday. Try the Swedish \"retro\" group \"Bo Kaspers Orkester\". Similar cool groovy jazzy mix.

Go Back to forum