• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My new project unveiled!

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation My new project unveiled!

The best thing to do is to go take a look - I shall be back anon to tell you more. Primarily a theatre project, it nonetheless has a big musical element also. Click this image to go to the new Facebook page:

Re: My new project unveiled!

Being one of my favorite actors, I will follow this project with interest.

It sounds like a fun and interesting project Randy.

I've stumbled though playing The Monster Mash a few time upon request but I suspect this will be a little more sophisticated.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Being one of my favorite actors, I will follow this project with interest.
    Excellent, Tom! This has been my primary occupation since last October, and it's exciting to finally be starting rehearsals. The show will run in October of this year, in the weeks leading up to Halloween.

Here's the show's primary image, to be used on posters, programs and publicity. It's more complete than the edited version I had to put together for Facebook:

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    It sounds like a fun and interesting project Randy.

I've stumbled though playing The Monster Mash a few time upon request but I suspect this will be a little more sophisticated.

Phil
    Thanks, Phil! - I had a great talk on the phone with Stuart Mensh who was Bobby "Boris" Pickett's manager, and we're staying in touch by email. He's one of several people who have been extremely encouraging about the project - More on all that as time goes on.

Randy

Way ta' go, Randy! Congratulations!

Art
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

I remember meeting Boris Karloff one summer day out in South Hampton, Long Island, N.Y.

I was vacationing and swimming alone in front of our summer home. There was a pier at the edge of the waterline and it was about 4 feet above the water with a ladder attached. After swimming awhile, I ascended the ladder and when I got to the top, there was Boris Karloff looking down upon me. There was no-one around but Boris and myself. Talk about being scared, I nearly fell back into the water. Anyway, he never changed his mysterious expression when he asked me if I knew where friends of his were living (vacationing). I replied that I didn't know his friend or anyone by that name in our immediate area. I didn't want him to know that I knew who he was so I acted as if he was just a common person seeking information. After a little more discourse, he thanked me for my time and left.

As he walked away, I became really excited inside and couldn't wait to tell my friends about that "one-on-one," mysterious meeting with one of Hollywood's greatest "Fright" actors. Will never forget that day........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Will this be a one venue event, or will the show travel? It would be fun to have in our "haunted" opera house here in Ellendale.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen1 View Post
    Way ta' go, Randy! Congratulations!

Art
    Thank you very much, Art - This really is a dream project for me, and I'm having a tremendous time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    I remember meeting Boris Karloff one summer day out in South Hampton...
    !! That is a wonderful story, Jack - wow - Had me going. I was getting scared while reading! - I want to share your story with some people who will enjoy it, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Will this be a one venue event, or will the show travel? It would be fun to have in our "haunted" opera house here in Ellendale.

Tom
    What I'm working on now, Tom, is the inaugral production so I can get the show "on the map." What happens next remains to be seen - But we're wanting to have the script published, and to attract the attention of a professional actor interested in working up a one-man-show. In other words, this is the first try out, only the beginning. Eventually, of course I want there to be a traveling production, and when there is, that haunted opera house in Ellendale sounds like the perfect venue!

Randy

Exciting stuff, Randy! I'm so happy for you.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Go Back to forum