• Register
  • Help

Topic: NEW! GPO /CUBASE SX SPECIALS AT TRUESPEC

Share/Bookmark

NEW! GPO /CUBASE SX SPECIALS AT TRUESPEC

http://www.truespec.com/specials.shtml

We\'re continuing our GPO special with 15% off, plus items from Steinberg, mixing boards from Soundcraft and of course Vienna.

Now available for either download (by popular request) or purchasing on a CD, is our first Living Music Book, Street Smart Cubase SX/SL, featuring a master class in MIDI editing with Andy Blaney\'s Jeux de vagues.

This first in a multivolume series of training for SX (which is actually a music business and production suite of programs) includes:

1) MIDI files
    2) .cpr files with practice examples
    3) the complete MP3 performance of Jeux de vagues
    4) the 50-page conductor\'s score of Jeux de vague
    5) the MIDI file of Jeux de vagues along with an SX template setup and ready to load
    6) a special Master Class booklet looking at specific orchestral devices in Jeux de vague and how Andy set them up.

The 21 lessons of Level 1 (not counting the Master Class on Jeux de vagues) focuses on sequencing and is organized in a setep-by-step process (with lots of 4-color screen shots) to get you going very quickly, usually within 6-10 hours. If you\'re converting to Cubase SX from an older version or Logic (or any other program) you\'ll find this to be quick approach.

One reason Street Smart Cubase SX is a Living Music Book, is because you can e-mail in questions based on a specific chapter and concept. As insights and suggestions come, the lessons are updated free of charge to you for the life of the text.

Future editions include Running and Managing the Cubase SX Virtual Studio, Live Audio Recording, and more.

Re: NEW! GPO /CUBASE SX SPECIALS AT TRUESPEC

Sounds very cool Peter, and GPO and Cubase SX run so well together...

Good luck with the new classes.

Peter

The tutorials look very interesting. However, the international shipping price is astronomical! Prohibitively so. Then there\'s the sales tax and duties... wow!

Will the CD be available from a European reseller? I hope so.

Cheers
    Heath

Originally posted by Not Dudley Simpson:
    Peter

The tutorials look very interesting. However, the international shipping price is astronomical! Prohibitively so. Then there\'s the sales tax and duties... wow!

Will the CD be available from a European reseller? I hope so.

Cheers
    Heath
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My apologies. I checked the web site and the shipping corrections will be up in a few hours.

International shipping, arriving in one (1) week to 10 days, is $12US. Sales Tax outside the US is based on the cost of the CD not the intellectual property, so the VAT is based on $5.00US.

For US residents, the shipping rates ALSO need to be corrected, too. Ground US is $5.95.

Again, please accept my apologies. All shipping rates will be corrected by this evening (Saturday April 3).

Hey, that\'s much better! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The only thing that bothers me is that for one wonderful moment, I assumed that the CD would be an animated tutorial, complete with flash (or whatever) graphics and voice-overs. I\'ve often argued that such tutorials are faster, easier and far less open to misinterpretation than the written word.

Believe me, I\'m all for the written word. But when it comes to complex technical matters, animated tutorials get you on the fast lane.

Something for the future perhaps?

Cheers
    Heath

Originally posted by Not Dudley Simpson:
    Hey, that\'s much better! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The only thing that bothers me is that for one wonderful moment, I assumed that the CD would be an animated tutorial, complete with flash (or whatever) graphics and voice-overs. I\'ve often argued that such tutorials are faster, easier and far less open to misinterpretation than the written word.

Believe me, I\'m all for the written word. But when it comes to complex technical matters, animated tutorials get you on the fast lane.

Something for the future perhaps?

Cheers
    Heath
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Possibly, but our experience in reviewing with customers, the actual training effectiveness of other sequencing tutorials done as you suggested by other companies, is that the price was high and the recall was low.

But, this IS a Living Music Book. If you decide to order after we correct the shopping cart, suggest where you see a video example would be in order. To be effective, a video must clearly demonstrate the concept or the steps. However, if I did this, it would not replace the text, but supplement it.

One comment we got continually about other such products is that when it was a video, and you forgot and needed the info quickly, having written down stepped-out instruction was far more effective.

One other thing.

This is not words alone. Every lesson is stepped out with direct printed instruction AND in most every case, a 4-color screen shot with each instructional point, for which there is no misinterpretation. I did this online for Logic 4, Cubase 5, and Samplitude, and we had great customer reviews. In all, your training time is cut drastically.

ALSO!! Since the PDFs are set for printing, so if you have a color ink jet, you have a ready-reference that goes where you go.

ANOTHER POINT!

This is procedure driven training, not a MENU approach like the other Cubase books are. The lessosn for this course are organized around the steps of how to produce a song or other work. So I get you on the fast track by only teaching you what you need to know to do the job.

Thanks again for your input.

The shopping cart problem has been fixed for the Cubase SX 2.0 training going to International destinations. The price of the CD is $25 plus $12 shipping, but only $20 for the download.

http://www.truespec.com/specials.shtml

Also, GPO is still on special as are Vienna and Horizon libraries and Soundcraft mixing boards.

Go Back to forum