• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Some help with M-Audio set-up

Share/Bookmark

OT: Some help with M-Audio set-up

Sorry to post an off-topic request here...

I am using giga and sonar 3 on the same machine and have just bought an M-Audio Delta 1010 LT and need some help with the settings...

I have Gigastudio output set to 1+2
    and audio cables between outputs 1+2 on the Delta 1010 LT ... midi plays fine

In order to be able to record the midi to an audio track, can anyone offer some help with the audio connections and the settings in both the M-Audio control panel settings and Sonar?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
    (A technophobe!)

Re: OT: Some help with M-Audio set-up

Hi, in order to record the audio output from Giga use the Capture to Wav feature inside Gigastudio itself. This will rendera digital wav file that you can then import into Sonar.

A very brief overview is;

- press the red record button in Giga
    - press play in Sonar (solo the track or tracks that you want to record as wavs)
    - when the part is finished, import the wav files into Sonar

You dont have to physically route your soundcard outputs.

or you can route the Monitor Mixer from the Delta Control Panel to be recorded in Sonar as the MIDI track plays in real time.

Mark,

I agree with runamuck. It is easier to arm a track in Sonar with monitor mixer as the source, and then anything playing from Giga will be recorded on the armed track. Be sure and mute the other tracks so the entire mix is not recorded (or solo the tracks you want if that is quicker).

That\'s the way I do it on my Delta 1010.

-- Martin

Hi guys

Thanks for your help this far.

I am trying to do exactly what runamuck and Martin are suggesting. I used to have an Echo Gina and the set-up was really simple (or maybe I was just used to it!?)...

I understand what I need to do, I just don\'t understand how to apply the settings in Sonar and the patchbay/router page on the control panel.

I have an audio cable going to my speakers out of outputs 1+2 on the delta 1010.

In order to try to record midi, I have connected cables betwwen outputs 3+4 and inputs 7+8.

Could you please advise how to set up the 1010 patchbay/router and Sonar\'s recording and playback options.

Thank you

Mark

Hoorah! I\'ve just sorted out the settings... I am up and running again!

Thanks for those that offered help.

Mark

Go Back to forum