• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suddenly only Port 1 works!

Share/Bookmark

Suddenly only Port 1 works!

Anyone have this happen to them? GigaStudio 160 worked well for months, then one day, no matter what port I trigger from my sequencer, GSt sees it as Port 1. For example, if I trigger midi channel 3 on Port 3, GSt plays midi channel 3 Port 1. After I reboot...same thing. (I use GigaStudio 160 on a dedicated PIII 800 mhz, 512 RAM and sequence from a PowerMac with Cubase VST.)
    Help!

Re: Suddenly only Port 1 works!

One of the problems i´m having with logic
    is that GS responds only to port 1...

I hoped a dedicated machine wouldn´t
    have these problems...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keefo:
    Anyone have this happen to them? GigaStudio 160 worked well for months, then one day, no matter what port I trigger from my sequencer, GSt sees it as Port 1. For example, if I trigger midi channel 3 on Port 3, GSt plays midi channel 3 Port 1. After I reboot...same thing. (I use GigaStudio 160 on a dedicated PIII 800 mhz, 512 RAM and sequence from a PowerMac with Cubase VST.)
    Help!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re: Suddenly only Port 1 works!

well I have found the solution, although I do not know why the problem happened and continues to happen, sporadically. To fix, simply go to Settings>Hardware and make sure Port 1 has a Port 1 In. I dont have it in front of me right now, but it should make sense when you see the page. Again, WHY this happens is a mystery to me. Anyone?

Go Back to forum