• Register
  • Help

Topic: which samples?

which samples?

I have decided to buy the garritan string samples but have yet to decide on brass, woodwind, percussion, and classical choir samples. Can anyone reccommend samples for these ensembles which are up to the quality of the garritan strings?

Re: which samples?

1) Might wanna search older posts for this same question in case you don\'t get many responses (\"what is the best?\" is probably the most common question asked here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

2) A lot of it is down to personal opinion depending on the specific sound you\'re going for. Do you want pure classical? Hollywood? Or something completely different?

3) How much can you spend?

4) Can you wait? A lot of new libraries are coming out this year dealing with brass, for example, making certain older libraries a little less of an option.

Anyway, my first suggestion is to search older posts. You\'ll find dozens of topics. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: which samples?

If money is not a big issue, here are the ones I have, and recommend buying.

QLB, SAM trumpets (free!), DDSB FRENCH HORNS, TBONES, and Bass Tbones. But if I were you, I\'d just wait till some new libraries come out from Dan Dean, KH, and Maarten. It would be wise to wait. But if you CAN\'T these are the ones you should get. Good luck!

Go Back to forum