• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Some new music from me.

Share/Bookmark

Some new music from me.

I\'ve had some requests from people on this forum who are interested in listening to some of my music.

I have uploaded several excerps from my coming demo cd.

For those of you who are interested, you can email me at jzjz@online.no and I will give you the links.

(I\'m doing this to avoid the flame war I\'m usually engulfed in when I post something here.)

Thomas

Re: Some new music from me.

Awesome stuff Thomas as usual. Ennio Morricone inspired you at all?

Put some new pieces on your website showreel Thomas. We would all like that. No need for flaming, because everyone can listen if he/she wants to (or not). [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, why does your site now screams \"GO AWAY\" at me ?! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hehe you know the story, Maarten :=)

Thanks Aaron! I\'m not inspired by Ennio Morricone. In fact I haven\'t heard any of his stuff since his rejected score for \"What Dreams May Come\". That score was fantastic.

Thomas

I own, \"the mission,\" and, \"mission to mars,\" and his stuff to me, by far, is much more beautiful than JW\'s music. But hey, THAT\'S ME.

Truly wonderful music and very inspiring. I really liked those female opera vocals. Keep it up!!!

And can you Thomas or some other composer give me advice for dubling and panning those snares. They sound so great! I use AO percussion. Did you use them too?

Thank you. She\'s a friend of mine at the conservatory. I love her voice (but that\'s about it) hehe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The snares are custom, sorry. There are some fairly good snares on AO - upgrade 97. They are more distant (it\'s more ambient) and works better than the ones that come with AO the original set. Try those if you have it. You can try pitching your AO snares a semitone up and down, differently on about 4-5 midi channels to create a sort of illusion that there are 5 percussionists playing. Of course you need to play the same part 5 times, and that can be difficult if you want it really tight!

What you probably don\'t know is that there are often 6-8 percussionists playing snare drum parts in heavy action scores like \"cutthroat island\" etc. That is something we haven\'t seen in a library yet I believe. Of course it could be emulated to a certain degree with the technique I just described, but it wouldn\'t be the real deal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for listening
    Thomas

Hey Thomas,

\'What Dreams may Come\' was a wonderful film, and I really liked Kamen\'s score (I actually met him after he conducted some of his film works. Seemed like a nice guy!). I never realised Morricone had his score rejected, and how did you get to hear it? Do you feel it was better than Kamen\'s score?

Thanks,

Chris

Originally posted by Thomas_J:

What you probably don\'t know is that there are often 6-8 percussionists playing snare drum parts in heavy action scores like \"cutthroat island\" etc. That is something we haven\'t seen in a library yet I believe. Of course it could be emulated to a certain degree with the technique I just described, but it wouldn\'t be the real deal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If I\'m not mistaken AO upgrade \'97 has a section snare patch as does LOP.

Chris, I enjoyed both scores, but I must say Ennio Morricones score was less generic, and more emotional for me. I love the intimacy of that score. I got it from ebay a while ago. It\'s really too bad he got rejected.

Hasen, those snares were the ones I was talking about then. Too bad there are so few samples [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thomas

Go Back to forum