• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Help Changing Keyboard Range

Share/Bookmark

Need Help Changing Keyboard Range

Hi there... I\'ve converted an akai sample into gigasampler format... The gig sounds fine except for one problem, it\'s an octave too high.. I go into sound editor, set preferences for middle C to C3 and select keep sounds same pitch... In theory, all the sounds should now be moved down to the lower octave without being transposed... But they\'re not..

ON the screen, in the sound editor, they SEEM to be at C3 and above, but if you want the sound, you still have to play C4... I\'ve moved the individual samples manually, and either I get the same thing where I still have to play the higher note or it just transposes all the samples down an octave...
    I\'ve even just moved one sample down an octave and even though there is no sample at the old higher note, I have to play that note to get a sound...

Does anybody know how to simply move all the samples down one octave on the keyboard, without transposing the samples themselves? In other words, the keyboard range is from g4 to g9 and I want it to be from g3 to g8 without transposing the samples themselves... Any info appreciated.. Thanks...

Re: Need Help Changing Keyboard Range

In GSEdit, go to Edit/Preferences and make sure that “Retune regions when dragging” is checked.

Click and drag the mouse over all the regions to select them (all yellow).

Holding the Control key down, click and drag all the regions down an octive.

I\'m pretty sure I set those preferences, but I\'ll double check... That\'s what I was saying that I\'m moving them by hand, with the control key, and they would go to where I wanted them, but when I played the keyboard, I would get no sound at the lower key, just the same old range... Thanks for your reply...

Don\'t forget you have to reload the patch to hear the new version when you\'ve done something like changing regions.

\'Reloading\' sucks and I hope Nemesys find an intuitive alternative to this speed bump in my working day sometime soon.

This is probably it Chadwick... I didn\'t save the patch and re-load it and that\'s why I couldn\'t hear the changes... and you\'re right, reloading does suck... But thanks for reminding me of this...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Don\'t forget you have to reload the patch to hear the new version when you\'ve done something like changing regions.

\'Reloading\' sucks and I hope Nemesys find an intuitive alternative to this speed bump in my working day sometime soon.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chadwick, thanks once again... It was definitely the save, reload business... I just don\'t edit that much so I had forgotten... Thanks once again...

Go Back to forum