• Register
  • Help

Topic: LOP - Is it powerful?

LOP - Is it powerful?

I\'m very interested to purchase LOP as I have heard great things about it and I know its very realistic and all but does it have very powerful velocities? Particularly cymbals. I have heard so many cymbal samples that are so wettly performed they add nothing to a powerful climax.
    Could someone who owns this library rest my fears, or perhaps Donnie could put together a short demo of everything being played very powerfully?
    I\'m not talking about normalisation as I can always raise the volume of anything, its a matter of whether the actual recordings were performed at FF, FFF etc with passion and power. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: LOP - Is it powerful?

Okay muffin.

Lets just say, I am trying to QUIET the cymb rolls for one of my works.

Cool. What about the hits? Same story I guess. And the other intruments? Gran Cassa? Snares etc?

Thanks for replying. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh trust me honey, these babies will suffice. I got, I love it, and I haven\'t ever been more satisfied with percussion. Well damn, they have 8 anvils!! Bass drums are extremely powerful, timps, snare, and the usual are all there. It\'s definetely worth the buckaroos. The only complaint I have is I want a riveted cymbal so I can use it in suspense passages. But that\'s it.

Looka like I\'m gonna make that purchase then. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the info guys, I can see why everybody considers these the standard when it comes to percussion.

I\'m not too comfortable with you calling me \'honey\' though. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Well I\'ve gone ahead and purchased LOP so I\'ll wait and see if you guys were right or not. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I lied, LOP sucks. KIDDING!! Don\'t shoot me.

Go Back to forum