• Register
  • Help

Topic: Orchestral Instruments released

Orchestral Instruments released

I just added a new release to our collection of libraries. The idea was to make the Celesta Gig available on a separate disk (not bundled with a grand piano).

The new disk is called “Post Orchestral
    Instrument Collection”. It contains the following sections:

Orchestral Instruments

Celesta (One of the most beautiful instruments was sampled in the orchestra pit at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam), Glockenspiel (The file is small but has a very strong and bright tone), Register Piano (A historic recording of a remarkable and truely unique instrument), Harmonium, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibraphone complete this collection

14 special instruments. The Full PreparedPiano for J Gage\'s Music for Prepared Piano is the prescribed registration with all the bolds and screws between and over the Steinway C piano strings. The Pedal piano is another registration we made for John Cage\'s music. Other presets are: GongPiano (really sounds like gongs but are piano strings!), Knock (when you hit the piano real hard with the pedal down), Paper (pieces of newspaper between the high strings), Lood (pieces of metal between the strings), Scrape (using a coin to scrape along a low note string) and others complete this collection of unusual and very usable piano sounds.

The four basic playing styles captured in one instrument each. Forte, Pianissimo, Fortissimo and MezzoForte played samples are used to create very playable piano\'s. These instruments are perfect for quick piano sequencing when you don\'t want to load a large-scale piano patch.

All instruments are in one Gig file.

For more details and the demos check our website:

Michiel Post

Re: Orchestral Instruments released

Well, for $45 what can I say but, thanks!!

I really like the sound of the instrument on the \"hackebord2\" demo. Can you describe this instrument for me?

That\'s a great price Michiel.
    How many piano scrapes do you have?

hi Robert
    The Hackbrett is a traditional swiss instrument with a long history. Under the keyword hammered dulcimer you will find informations on the net like this one:

Originally posted by Chadwick:
    That\'s a great price Michiel.
    How many piano scrapes do you have?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I don\'t remeber exactly, there were some. Then I programmed several variations where one is reversed and one that is mixed with reverb (you can change the amaount of reverb using after pressure). I\'ll publish a full instrument list of the library later next week on the website.

The Post Prepared Piano has 11, and very usable for that sort of effect. Also nice when reversed.

Just received my copy, I must say I\'m very impressed with the Celesta.
    Even if it\'s a tiny .gig, it seems it\'s the best around. Same for Glock, tiny prg but awesome realism. Elfman\'s fans will sure love those...
    I wanted a Hackbrett since I heard one in Gabriel Yared\'s \"English Patient\" score.
    Again, tiny program and great sound, I really like this concept.
    If Michiel ever releases a strings or brass/WW collection I hope he will follow this idea. One patch, but only the good one.
    I also received Positive Organ and Harpsichords, along with the fabulous Grandioso. I\'m testing them these days in a classy documentary about the Opera de Paris, I sure will post comments as soon as I finished it !
    Thanx Michiel, great work, beautiful and even \"magic\" sounds, no tweaks required (perfect when one has no time enough to \"kingidiotize\" the gigs), until now your samples kicks @55 right out of the box.
    Since you are releasing a lot of really rare [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] or old instruments, I have to talk to you about an idea I had. Mail will follow soon. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BTW The Hackbrett-file is available as a free instrument on our website. It\'s called Dulcimer and you can find it on the update page.
    Michiel Post

Is it this Hackbrett instrument that John Barry used in the music from this TV series with Danny Wilde and Brett Sinclair? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Ouch, english english noenoeil .

Go Back to forum