• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trying to set up Gigasampler and having problems. Help?

Share/Bookmark

Trying to set up Gigasampler and having problems. Help?

I installed my new Sound Blaster Live Platinum 5.1 everything went smoothly. I messed around with their little keyboard thing and listened on my headphones and everything was fine. I restart the computer and install the Gigasampler. Again everything goes smooth until I restart the computer after the Gigasampler installation and then windows does not even load up before I get the \"This program has performed an illegal operation\" message with the word Msgsrv32 in the title of the error box. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Thanks for any help!

Re: Trying to set up Gigasampler and having problems. Help?

UPDATE: I installed the latest update (1.64) and still have the problem. I have no other software on the computer. It\'s just for the Gigasampler. I did find when I uncheck the Gigasampler MIDI.drv file located under msconfig in the system.ini file under drivers that the computer will boot up fine and the audio card will work but of course then the Gigasampler won\'t work. So I still have not gotton far.

Make sure you have the latest release of GigaSampler which fixes this issue.

UPDATE: I\'ve found that if I uncheck the driver called midi.drv=mmsytem.dll and restart that Gigasampler works good. That\'s great other than everytime I restart the computer it makes a new midi.drv=mmsystem.dll driver and automaticly checks it. So I have to pull the card out restart, change the setting again, shut down, put the card back in and start again. I need to figure out how to keep the system from creating a new midi.drv=mmsystem.dll file because I think it is conflicting with Gigasampler\'s MIDI driver. When I did have it working though I could not get any audio to come out the s/pdif or optical outputs. I guess that\'s the next problem. I could only hear through the headphones. Any Idea? Thanks, -Tony-

I have had exactly the same error useing the same soundcard and gigasampler, I could not find a work around at all so I upgraded to gigastudio and the error has gone........thank goodness!. If you find a practical work around though I really like to know about it. good luck!

Go Back to forum