• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Has anyone made Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Has anyone made Kontakt?

There was some discussion here last month. I just wondered if anyone had taken the plunge, and if so, what your impressions are.

Re: OT: Has anyone made Kontakt?

Bill,
    I have not plunged, but I have had a couple of hours with it at an undisclosed location. (Our VP and the Shadow Government were a willing bunch...)

It does work, it is cool, but it crashed on me so I\'m taking it easy with the credit card right now.

I downloaded a few samples from Worra\'s Place while using it. They all loaded and played just fine. None of those libraries were very large. After some searching (soul and screen) I managed to find the ADSRs and LFOs. They worked and it was easy to create some new sounds out of existing gig files. Very cool. I started to get synth\'ish sounds. I\'ve never managed to do that in GSt. (I\'m a GSt dummy, happily!)

The crash was actually very similar to my most normal crash on GSt. Every thing plays fine, and then I hit it with lots and lots of notes plus sustain pedal changes, and I get notes going on and on and on forever.

Sound familiar? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, my initial inpression was very interesting, but not ready for day to day dependance in my studio yet. I\'m waiting for rev 1.1.

Cheers,
    Mark

Re: OT: Has anyone made Kontakt?

Thanks Mark

I guess I’ll stay on the side lines for now too. In the little bit you played with it, did you have an impression as to whether this is an app useful for “classical” music, or is it aimed elsewhere.

Good luck with the Shadow Government. Don’t let Nick find out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Bill

Go Back to forum