• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: New orchestral library for King Idiot

Share/Bookmark

New orchestral library for King Idiot

Hi everybody!
    I´m involved in a BIG sample library production based in Vienna, Austria.

Here are the facts:
    1.500.000 Samples, 300.000 Samples are already produced

First Release in autumn 2002, probably presented at the AES-Convention in L.A.

We are recording all orchestral instruments,solo and ensemble and have developed a new soundstage, exclusively dedicated for our library production.

There are 150 Employees involved, we´ve been recording since December 2000 day by day, after years of preparation. Therefore our output is now at more than 1000 Samples/day.

As our partners at TASCAM recommend to employ a \"power user\" for the implementation of our library to gigastudio, we´d like to get in touch with King Idiot.

Please contact us at vsl@webpim.at.

Re: New orchestral library for King Idiot

well good morning to me .... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Another whole orchestra library? Wow! I need more details. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If I do some simple math on these figures, I\'d say you will need 4 more years to \"produce\" your target number of 1.500.000 samples!

I am very much interested to hear some more background info!

Regards,

Peter / Emano

He says Autumn 2002 release though. How many samples are in GOS approximately?

GOS manual says 8500 individual samples...

The official website will be online end of july with many demos and detailed information, there will be 3 major releases, the first to come in autumn 2002, the second 2003 and the third 2004, each with 400.000 to 600.000 Samples.

There will be different packages to buy, each one designed for a different purpose.

I´m sorry, I can´t give you any more detailed info at this point, please be patient and wait for the official website.

Ralf, thanks for getting back so quickly!

I guess you will generate quite some interest here on this forum with these prospective figures!

Success and thanks,

Peter / Emano

Libraries with almost 200 times the number of samples on GOS? 150 employees working for years? Tascam recommend finding a power user outside of their company? Going online with such a huge operation with a Giga strategy so late in the game?

Can\'t wait to hear more. I\'d love to know how you can turn a profit with such a scheme.

Well I\'ve done the maths and it looks like these libraries will have to come on over 900 CDs! Or 116 DVDs...

Is this supposed to be a single release library for the first one in Autumn this year or are they many different libraries?

The King is gonna have his work cut out programming all this stuff before Autumn!!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast