• Register
  • Help

Topic: What was that Giga optimizing program?

Share/Bookmark

What was that Giga optimizing program?

I remember a while ago a fellow named Nenad, I think, had created a program that was supposed to help people who are using Giga on the same machine as a sequencer app. I\'m ready to try it (big polyphony problems right now), but I can\'t remember what it was called or where it is. I would search by his name, but now it\'s all user numbers...

Any recollections of this? Thanks.

And if there are other ideas about how to get max polyphony out of my system, I\'m running Gigasampler 64 on a PIII 600 with 256 MB of RAM, and I\'m using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.3. My current project uses a Sonic Implants Blue Jay drum kit, a small amount of SI\'s latin percussion, a Post Accordion, the Sitar from the Conexant GM 500, and the Dan Dean Cello playing a max of two simulataneous notes (same with Sitar). I don\'t feel like I should be getting the amount of drop outs that I\'m getting.

In the past I\'ve applied some OS tweaks for Audio performance, but not for Giga. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks again...

Re: What was that Giga optimizing program?

It seems that you hardly can run the Cakewalk with GigaSampler Side-By-Side with some audio tracks or heavy MIDI event? Unless you have better PC performance!
    Even that thought, everything must have limitation, you need to know what it is? 20 plug-in reverbs? 64 audio tracks? 64 MIDI-CH? 64 giga tracks? Others? Of course It doesn\'t work all! Whatever comes (trouble) first will max out the system capability! Trade-off! (asume you have done all the recommendation setup by Tascam).

There might be some optimization in Cakewalk9.3(pro) program such as audio option like latency setting(32~63), disk-cache-buffer(16~64), etc. It depends on your soundcard and PC as well! Don\'t forget the min/max cache setting in system.ini file.

Here is other examples:
    From Cakewalk, Durring Recording or playback:
    1> Audio tracks: Watching the harddisk and CPU metter to determine which caused problem (harddisk or CPU limited?)
    2> Graphic issues: close some of daughter windows like effs, mixer, etc. (reduce/close mixer channel display would helps alot).
    3> Effect processing: reduce No. of effs until it is stable if there is any?
    4> MIDI effs: Remove or minimize the MIDI automation event data, MIDI plug-in, sustain pedal, etc.
    5> DXi: Reduce it if there is any?
    6> Others?

This is all we know,
    Long

Er...Long...is your name then Long Hong?

Just wonderng :-)

leadbelly

Hi there. The program you are looking for is called GSfix . It is not needed for Gigastudio v2.2 and later I think. But you have Gigasampler 64, so I guess you could give it a try. Search on www.google.com for \"gsfix\".

Thomas

GSFIX doesn\'t work exactly the same as the priority button in Giga, but I can\'t remember the difference.

http://www.inet.hr/~nsiskov/GSFIX.htm

Thanks, Thomas. I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry about the faux pax. I generally only read the sample libraries forum, so I just came straight here with my question.

Hi leadbelly,
    You wrote:
    \"...Long...is your name then Long Hong?
    Just wonderng :-)\"
    Thanks for the wonderng!

Go Back to forum