• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rush ~ Vapor Trails

Rush ~ Vapor Trails

Sorry to use the forum for a non Giga related topic but I know there are a few Rush fans here.

Vapor Trails: Any thoughts? 1 out of 10.

The music... 9
    The lyrics... 10
    The mix... 6
    The mastering... 4

Re: Rush ~ Vapor Trails

Like any good Rush cd, nothing really grabs you right away, it seems to take a few plays for your brain to comprehend what is happening. However, being a Rush fan since their first cd (album), I fear this cd won\'t do a whole lot to please the older fans nor will it grab the interest of newer fans. The mix is really bad, clipping, distorted, too hot, etc. I\'m not afraid to say I really don\'t care for this cd...yet. I\'m hoping in time I will, but due to the poor mastering (which has been documented by Alex himself) it\'s not a cd I can listen to very long without my ears getting tired. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Wow! Amazing!

I thought I was going crazy.

I extracted a few songs and they are maximized beyond believe. This was done by, Master Works NYC. What the hell happen and why was it approved?

The mix is one thing but the mastering is horrible. Where did you read this form Alex? Is there a link?

Love the songs though.

This was sent to the mastering engineer.

Dear Sir:

First. I want to say I have the utmost respect for you and your studio. I work for a small sound design firm in the city of Wilmington, Delaware...with that said, I do
    have an ear that feeds a family. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I feel compelled to inform you that many (web community) are not happy with the mastering results of this release. The songs are clipping. There is distortion and a wall of low mids that tier the listener almost immediately.

I have read that the Rush was not happy with the mix (why send it for mastering)? But again, I am very disheartened by the overall color of the mastering and the clipping
    is hard to believe.

Not to tell you what you already know... If I extract any song into Wavelab...
    the file information is Maximized beyond 0db.

Sorry for all of this. Again, I say this with a true sense of respect for your position in the music business.

Rush Interview (Video!)

Go Back to forum