• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thanks Donnie

Thanks Donnie

The djembe sounds great and I\'ve already integrated it into something I\'m working on now. I haven\'t sat down with any of the midi files you mailed out yet, but I thought I\'d thank you for taking the time to do that on top of handing out a really useful sample. Very cool of you, sir, thanks.

Re: Thanks Donnie

Ditto Donnie,
    A nice big natural sound with lots of slight timbre variations [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys! I\'m glad you are enjoying it. Yeah, I got to thinking about people not knowing really what to do with this thing so I put the midi file together with some basic (and not so basic) authentic African Djembe patterns. It should be pretty cool to cut and paste those into your songs.

FYI....in the future (the drum set library coming out) we are going to be including tons of midi files with cut and pasteable patterns to help you non percussionists out some.

Have fun! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

First, I also add my thanks for the djembe. And I think demos of the world percussion instruments is a great idea, Donnie. While I tend to think of any instrument as just another sound resource to be utilized any way I hear it, it\'s also really good to know what the proper useage is.

in that vein, I have found a site that calls itself Songtrellis that has a bunch of world rhythm MIDI files and examples. The example MIDI fles are almost useless played thru the Windoze Media player, but if you don\'t mind the groove being quantized out of them (listen to the \'swing\' tracks to see what I mean [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ,) they are a good place to start.

Go Back to forum