• Register
  • Help

Topic: Quick DDBE question

Share/Bookmark

Quick DDBE question

Anyone (Dan, perhaps? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) know if the brass ensemble collection will have sections sold separately, just like the solo brass?

Gracias.

Re: Quick DDBE question

The DDBE will be sold as a complete set.

DD

\"Sold as a complete set, the DDBE will be.\" -DD
    The \"Star Wars\" infection spreads. Nice Yoda impression!
    Being a lazy git, is there demos of this new lib, hmmmmm?
    OK Doyle, enough goofing off. Back to work.

You need to go home and rethink your life [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thomas

This is a huge shame, for me at least. I know it\'s pointless to babble on and try to change your mind, but still... I was looking forward to it, and now it\'s completely, 100% out of the question.

Oh well.

Originally posted by Rooftop:
    This is a huge shame, for me at least. I know it\'s pointless to babble on and try to change your mind, but still... I was looking forward to it, and now it\'s completely, 100% out of the question.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Why? I can understand why people might want to purchase DDSB seperately \'cos there are some less widely used instruments on there but the brass ensembles set is your basic horns, bones and trumpets.

Why wouldn\'t you want all of them? You find them in every orchestra and these will all be of similar character hence will work well together.

Some people use the seperate discs/section option as a way to \"purchase over time\"

I can understand why DDBE wouldn\'t be offered this way. Ensembles are VERY expensive to record (expecially to do them \"right\"). If Dan wants to keep the full package at a reasonable price AND still break even, he needs people to buy the whole package. With seperate sections, there is no gurantee that people will buy the whole library over time.

Obviously there is alot more that could influence thi, but in the end only one thing matters to me. If the product is good. and I have a feeling it will be.

Nah, it\'s not necessarily a \"purchase over time\" thing. I simply do not need trombone or trumpet ensembles, \'cause I can get live recordings of my own. So all I\'m really missing are the horns, which I have no free/low-cost access to (as far as live players go). That said, I simply do not have the budget to buy an entire brass library just because I\'m missing some better fr horns.

I realize I\'m in a minority here (though I\'m sure there will be others that wished they were sold separately, but Dan\'s gotta protect himself first, naturally), so no biggie. Just venting, is all. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum