• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Thomas J - Ultimate Bongo

Thomas J - Ultimate Bongo

Hi Thomas!

I\'m a newbie, who just joined the forum, and have just finished trawling through all the back-entries. I came across the posting about your Bongo, which everyone said was fantastic, but the link seems to have closed down. Have I missed the boat, or do you have another link to the file? Would you consider putting it at Worra\'s Place?

Re: Thomas J - Ultimate Bongo

Hi there. I would make it available again if there was enough interest. Perhaps Worra can host it. That was a good idea. Worra, what do you say?

Oh and I\'m working on a Pan Flute now. I have missed good pan flute samples since I got started with sampling [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Wishlist anyone?

Damn, I was hoping that QLRI would have pan flute, but they don\'t. Thomas, keep working on it, and create those flutter tongue effects and harmonic type resonances that Horner likes to use in Braveheart and Zimmer in just about everything.

Thanks Thomas!

I\'ll keep watching Worra\'s Place.

Hey Thomas,
    The pan flute\'s a great idea.
    Can you add both soft and sharp attacks to the wishlist please? And the overblowing harmonic thing is really useful, and the real vibrato and, and, and....

Oops, for a second I forgot this is gratis [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Chadwick, because it\'s free it doesn\'t mean I would leave out anything. It doesn\'t take more than a few hours in an evening to have a fairly exntensively sampled pan flute so please make your lists.

So far the idea is:

Sustains, soft and hard attack
    flutter and tremolo/\"vibrato\"
    And overblowns

Staccatos x 3 per note

Breath layer (sample of air you can mix in with the notes)

Some additional fx perhaps.

Sounds great Thomas, I look forward to that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I downloaded your bongo which is really great but I had trouble with the bamboo flute which I really wanted to try after hearing it in your demo. I\'m a HALion user not Giga but I\'ve managed to convert a lot of Giga stuff to HALion format.

The only thing I failed with is your flute. Once converted when played the volume pulses on and off. The problem is with the WAVs themselves. Any ideas? How is it different to the Bongo which converted fine?

THomas, I just love the panflute sound (it\'s been considered passe in the pop/fusion universe for the last ten years, but I don\'t care-a great sound is a great sound!) Some sFz and swells would be swell...

I just completed the recording and programming. The result is an 80mb panflute (a little too big to host online unfortunately) but it\'s very nice.

I made a quick demo; me playing in realtime using the panflute keyswitch patch (which switches between:

Vibrato/tremolo (soft and hard attack) Veloswitch
    No vibrato (soft and hard attack) Veloswitch
    Staccatos (8 velocity switches from soft to
    Flutter (soft and hard attack) veloswitch
    Flutter Crescendos

Let me know what you think.

Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    Hason: yes it\'s very film score like because that\'s what I do [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It works fine for \"melodies\" too.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Cool. I wasn\'t saying there was anything wrong with it being filmscorelike - that\'s what I do as well. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I\'m sorry I can\'t help you with your halion conversion problem. Don\'t know what the problem could be since I\'ve never used Halion.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ok I just wondered if you knew of anything different with the programming or something when compared with the Bongo that could cause this.

Thanks anyway,

Go Back to forum