• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: question for Maarten Spruijt

question for Maarten Spruijt

Hello Maarten,

Your SAM trumpets sfx patch is such a life saver for me...I really love it...and it is the only available brass FX sample colection out there..
    For some very strange reason other developers are not including these with their lib\'s, so I was wondering, any Fr. horn or Trombone section weirdnes or clusters that you have recorded and want to share?

Re: question for Maarten Spruijt

FYI, there are many, many effects that come with Advanced Orchestra, and I believe the same goes for Prosonus.

I don\'t have Prosonus, but I do have AO, and altough I love the it...the fx on it, when it comes to brass are plentyfull and mostly usseles..
    just check out SAM trumpet sfx and you\'ll see that there is a world of diference..
    Maarten did a beautifull job, because this are the fx that you can really use, if you like to write that way that is...
    Most of the AO fx are \"hey guys lets record some funny noises with are instruments\".. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    How are the fx on Prosonus?

Yes Robert, Ao still has the best trombone section cresendoes, fr. horn stops...I use them all the time, but they are more like playing tehniques then fx that I was thinking about...
    I think about, bones section and horn section fx, like atonal clusters, tounged fx in different tempos, etc, etc....the good stuff...hehehe
    Think about Goldenthal or Shore...
    As for string fx, I think the situation is much much better with both AO and those amazing \"bow below bridge\" patches from GOS...nice.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Can you tell me in a few words what is there from brass fx on roland Prosonus? Or maybe Donnie can kick in as well, since giga prosonus is his baby anyway.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don\'t have the full prosonus library: I only have the Roland Prosonus Strings.

For fx it is simply excellent. I bought it about 4 years ago and even then the guy in the store looked at me funny because it was already out dated (I had to special order it). But in terms of dozens upon dozens of string fx, it was well worth it.

I counted 114 String FX patches in the Roland library!! (I may have lost count though!). This does NOT incluide mono versions etc of the same thing, but 114 different fx. These are glisses, trem fx, knocks, snaps etc. Sure we could all use many more sustain fx but for an old library this is a gem.

I got the list from Roland via FAX, years back.

I\'ve asked Donnie a few times if the Giga includes all of these. His answer is that he used the original recordings. So I\'m not 100% sure

Hey Lex,

Sorry for my \"late\" reply. All my gear and computers are in another studio for a project I\'m doing there so I can\'t even send a simple e-mail from my home [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the kind words on SAM.

The SAM fx are very useful yes, because they\'re not your basic set of fx, but just a weird bunch of custom clusters, swells and trills. And it took about 10 minutes to record [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] We just asked the players to all come up with a random note in a certain register and let them play it in a certain way.

AO has some nice effects, yes, not only brass but also some very nice strings cresc. arco and tremelo. I don\'t know about QLB or Prosonus, but there HAVE to be some nice effects on there. Not just plain notes, right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was just about to make a new topic about our upcoming SAM Horns, so I\'ll do it after this reply.

Take care,

Thanks for the reply...sure am looking forward for your fr. horns.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

114 FX!!!!! Wow...thats amazing....funny nobody mentioned that here untill now...thanks for pointing it out..
    would be nice if Donnie could tell us if all of that is there on the prosonus orchestra...

Don\'t forget the crescendos etc within the normal patches of AO, but yes you\'re right the SAM trumpet is excellent for fx and we need more like this!

The prosonus STRINGS library for Roland ( don\'t have the orchestral Giga library yet) was excellent for FX, and I\'m hoping it has similar quality of fx for the brass and winds.

csduke\'s list of Prosonus Giga instuments (another thread) barely scratches the surface of the large number of fx in the Prosonus Strings library for Roland.

Can anyone clarify?

If the Prosonus brass and wind fx are only half as good as the original strings ones, it would be well worth it.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Robert Kral:
    The prosonus STRINGS library for Roland ( don\'t have the orchestral Giga library yet) was excellent for FX, and I\'m hoping it has similar quality of fx for the brass and winds.

Yes, the Giga version of Prosonus has many useful effects for both brass (solo/section), strings (solo/section) and harp. They either live in their own performances or share a performance e.g. violin section sus. There are no any effects for woodwinds though.

I can\'t say much of the True Strike time schedule yet. This, SAM and other projects I\'m doing are all very very interesting and I will certainly finish them all.

SAM Horns I expect to be finished somewhere in July. Perhaps I can manage to practically start on True Strike that month.

Go Back to forum