• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Somewhat OT : Paypal Sucks...............

Share/Bookmark

Somewhat OT : Paypal Sucks...............

Well, like countless others i\'ve just been scammed by Paypal..... I get an order for a copy of Giga Clean Electric Guitars, and the guy asks if he can pay by Paypal which i say reluctantly yes too knowing i already have an account with Paypal and they transfered the money to my account the first time.....

Well what do you know i get an email saying the account i chose to send my money to is not valid so the money is back in my paypal account AND they charge me 20$ for the failed transaction AND they have deleted the bank account information so you cant verify if the bank account info is valid... which i know it is since they delivered funds to that account weeks before now if that aint a load of bull i dont know what is....

Of course countless attempts to contact them via email have been futile, kind of like trying to get a return email from Gino Robair from EM mag if you\'re a small company sound developper... futile.

Of course trying to get them on the phone is even more frustrating since they do everything in their power to make it as hard as possible to find the damn phone number and when you finally do it\'s an endless maze of phone recordings that hang up on you after you\'ve been waiting on the line for 15 minutes, i am so pissed right now Grrrrr. (BTW, i\'ve contacted my bank and they say there has been no attempts to deposit funds electronically to my account in the last 30 days, is that scary or what ?)

Well, maybe this post will save someone from being scammed like me by Paypal, i\'ve had my lesson, NEVER AGAIN !

Franky
    Vintaudio Prod.
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: Somewhat OT : Paypal Sucks...............

Sorry to hear about your experience

But I use Paypal regularly, and I have nothing but good to say about them. I have alway managed to get through, they are very professional about it, and have great security. I would definately take it up with Management, as this should not happen, as it has never happened to me. I like their service, and think their support is superb!

This is my experience with using paypal.

Raven

keep cool dude!

Paypal has worked very well for me, but I\'ve had no reason to look for support, so I can\'t speak to that. I\'ve used it about 15 times. Each transaction has been fine.

Very sorry to hear of your problems.

AHHH I HATE Paypal!!! Funny you should mention this... just checked my personal account today and I found that paypal has left me negative $500 because of their screwups. It\'s a long story, but basically twice an $800 payment to someone via paypal was denied by that person (happens to be a friend of mine) and paypal said that they\'d credit that money back instantly... well... they finally pulled it out... and did not credit anything back (among other screwups) and it ends for now with me being negative money on mother\'s day weekend... I can\'t even get my mom flowers atm.

So AMEN!!! TO hell [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] with Paypal!!!

This thread is scaring me...is there a better alternative to Paypal?

Of course trying to get them on the phone is even more frustrating since they do everything in their power to make it as hard as possible to find the damn phone number and when you finally do it\'s an endless maze of phone recordings that hang up on you after you\'ve been waiting on the line for 15 minutes, i am so pissed right now Grrrrr.

I think thats its a matter of personal experience.
    I have never had any problems, and it is not har for me to find the number to contact its always been there on their website and still is there. Has not changed. I have never waited on Paypal so I guess I am just lucky. I do however feel I am spoiled as you guys are having so much problems, but I have sold all kinds off stuff on Pypal, and have never waited that long on the phone. Their number is easy to reach, and they are prompt.

Boy do I feel spoiled, sorry to hear about your experience, but in General Paypal is fine, as I have friends who are happy with it to. I guess its kinda buying apples at a store, if they are rotten, I would demand service, if I cannot get a new bag of apples Id say to them You aint getting my business again! So Far I have not had any rotten apples with paypal, very happy with them!

Raven.... in general Paypal sucks...
    There are numerous lawsuits and class action suits under way against Paypal as we speak.

It is not a matter of personal experience, just do a search on the web you\'ll find scores of people who\'ve been ripped off by Payscam.
    They ARE NOT easy to reach, just read Michael Angelo and my post , that\'s 2 people on one forum how many others out there ? probably thousands, and from the number i am hearing from the class action suits thousands is very accurate...

You have been lucky, good for you but if you just take one user charge him a bogus 20$ fee times how many people per day ? do the math sounds like an interesting scam to me, i
    say it\'s bull, they say the account info is wrong and then proceed to delete all your bank account info, so how can you verify if the info was ok ? answer : you cant, -20$ thats why its a scam to me...

Franky.

I tend to disagree. First because of your Bad experience you have a right to say they suck because I would do the same. But truly I have no regrets, and it is my personal experience. The majority of lawsuits against them are totally false. Just spoke to Rob at Paypal, asked him about it. I have had a long standing relationship with Paypal for years, and have no reason to disbelieve them. Also did you know that, Sweetwater, Tascam, Midiman, Aardvark all have had lawsuits agains them, does this make them a scam? No Just sometimes something goes wrong, still good Companies!

Also your statements saying their hard to get hold of is totally bogus. They are a business on the Business Bearau, and have always been there!

Their phone number has not since changed. I just called there as a matter of fact, to prove this 1-888- 221 - 1161.

Also you stated waiting for a long time /15minutes to get a hold of. This is bogus too.

They have a special tracking line system. It always been there, and I just tried it, it works. It stated my waiting time 2 minutes. If it said 15 minutes just hang up and call later. I got thru in less than 2 minutes, and spoke to customer service. The same procedure it has always been since they opened and I had my account. So after this test I just completed, my conclusion resides with Good Service on their behalf. Until some bad situation arises, I do not have any reason to disbelieve Paypal. If your not satisfied, do not use them!and ride their butts. Kick Butt!

I sincerely urge others to try them out before coming to any conclusions.

Keep cool Dude!

Raven

Try to use the number they gave me... and if you could show me where their number is on their website, I would really apreciate it, cuz I searched for hours...

\"You can reach PayPal Customer Service via secure webform at
    www.paypal.com/wf/f=default or by telephone at 1-402-935-7733. Our hours
    are 6 a.m. through midnight, CST, Monday - Sunday.\"

This number kept me on long distance and holding for 25mins... And it was the one they gave me when I asked for a telephone number.

I liked em too for a long time, used em lots and up till now, had no probs. But when something goes wrong, that\'s when you\'ll see the real problem. There is no easy way to fix it.

btw, thanks Raven for that number, heheh. I\'ll try it tommorrow or Mon. I really hope this\'ll work out asap, but I\'m still disapointed they didn\'t give me that number in the first place.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MichaelAngelo450:
    [QB]Try to use the number they gave me... and if you could show me where their number is on their website, I would really apreciate it, cuz I searched for hours...

Hi Guys, glad I could help you!! Yes I would kick their butts first thing on monday, as truly this will damage their trust if this is happening, but I think they might have some error during the time of your misfortunate circumstance. I have never used that number, Are you sure it is not someon trying to make as if they are paypal?

Anyway that number does work for me every time.

Franky and Michaelangelo plead your case if they are willing to compensate or rectify then you have excellent customer service, if not then yes I agree they Suck!!

But for me, I have had but only Good Experiences and am sure I always will!

Raven

Go Back to forum