• Register
  • Help

Topic: Advice

Share/Bookmark

Advice

hey guys (& gals?)

I\'m looking for some nice new piano patches...Gigapiano is good....but its just way too harsh for most of my work.

How good is Peter Siedleceks (?) total piano? I\'m looking for a nice classical piano & the Honky tonk piano looks interesting too.

Thanks,

James

Re: Advice

Malasjmo Piano. Very dark, mellow, and wonderful with orchestra. For $100, you can\'t beat it.

I second the Malmsjo. I picked it up a few months ago, and love it. The price can\'t be beat either!

Yes the Malmsjö is perfect. At least for the kind of music I do. It\'s so warm. It sounds just like the piano in Artificial Intelligence by John Williams. Excellent stuff. The only thing I miss is the sound of pedals being pressed and perhaps the sound of keys being pressed as well. But it\'s an incredible piano.

Thomas

Check this out...

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/

then compare Reverie by Debussy demos between this and the Malmsjo...

I like them both for different reasons...

Malmsjo seems more intimate and fragile - chamber music.

Bards would make a nice piano and orchestra kind of sound, or if you want a professional like concert sound...

I have Malmsjo which I use for above
    Giga if I want more a Film Score/Studio sound

and I am awaiting to buy bards

Thanks for your help guys,

I\'ll check it out... the John Williams AI piano is EXACTLY the kind of timbre i\'m after.

About the Total Piano. I don\'t like it\'s normal piano patches (classical, pop) but it HAS got some great effects, like muted piano, prepared and lots of piano drum effects and glisses.

Nice scoring stuff.

But no AI piano that\'s for sure!

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    About the Total Piano. I don\'t like it\'s normal piano patches (classical, pop) but it HAS got some great effects, like muted piano, prepared and lots of piano drum effects and glisses.

Nice scoring stuff.

But no AI piano that\'s for sure!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, I\'ll go for the malmsjo.

Thanks,

James.

BTW thomas_J i\'ve used your bongo\'s in a track i\'m working on... thanks for releasing the patch.

Go Back to forum