• Register
  • Help

Topic: Halloween Demo...

Share/Bookmark

Halloween Demo...

Here\'s another idea that I composed. GOS comes in real handy in the beginning of this with the fast runs. Many people say I have a sort of a Danny Elfman-ish style on this peice. I don\'t intentionally try to sound like him, I just go nuts with orchestration and leads. This is just the beginning, about 40 seconds so far. Took massive amount of tracks. Great fun to make.

( http://68.14.189.31:8080/files/music%20demos/Nocturne.zip ) There\'s no reverb, because I still don\'t get a good answer on how to use the damned kurzweil effects. Comments/critiques is welcome.

Re: Halloween Demo...

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Okay, I got KDFX. I hooked it up from the Digital from the Kurzweil, to the Digital in IN the Gina, and Vise-versa. Now what? I\'ve tried messing around with it to get results, but I\'ve failed, and I\'m spending a ton of money on cables that I\'m waisting.

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    Okay, I got KDFX. I hooked it up from the Digital from the Kurzweil, to the Digital in IN the Gina, and Vise-versa. Now what? I\'ve tried messing around with it to get results, but I\'ve failed, and I\'m spending a ton of money on cables that I\'m waisting.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A_Sapp,
    OK, so you\'ve got KDFX, do you have a manual?

So, just to see if the system works, I would use analog (it\'s easier than digital)
    Connect a source (your PC I guess) to the Sample in of the Kurz, then connect the Mix out of the Kurz to your amp. Load up an audio CD or any audio program in the PC as a source and just play some music into the kurz.
    If you go into the sampling page of the kurz, you should be able to see the audio coming in on the meters.
    Get the floppies that came with the Kurz and load the Live Mode programs, select a Live mode prog on the Kurz and press the C4 key on the keyboard. If your source is now playing, you should a/ hear it and b/ have some kind of effect (depends on which live mode program you loaded)
    In the manual it lists the various live mode progs that come with the board and explains how to make you\'re own templates, If you don\'t have a manual you can get one here.....http://www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/html/manuals.html
    If you don\'t have the Live mode floppies they are on the Kurz site too.
    The kurzweil is a complicated beast so expect to spend some time getting used to all this. however, the KDFX is a really good FX processor
    I don\'t think there is much more to say, except read the manual and spend time experimenting.

Brian

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    There\'s no reverb, because I still don\'t get a good answer on how to use the damned kurzweil effects. Comments/critiques is welcome.[/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A_Sapp,
    I replied to your FX questions, what\'s not good about the answer?
    From K26 manual,
    \"In Live mode the K2600(or 2500 with KDFX) takes any input signal and routes it through the VAST DSP and KDFX FX engine\" Page 14-41 musicians guide K2600 RTFM [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    If you don\'t have KDFX I don\'t think you can do this.
    What other info do you need?

Brian [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum