• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Walsch La Douce Flute

Share/Bookmark

Walsch La Douce Flute

Dear friends,

Here is a non-sampled piece of fine music with a little history. Recorded by De Kleine Compagnie in 1998.

I found the manuscript (only melody line) in a booklet with carillon tunes from 1795. I thought it to be a nice line to work with and as the title indicates, it was about a lovely flute, so I turned it into a waltz with the flute as first instrument, with a little variation for it.

When the piece was recorded, I heard it again in the South of France, played by a small brass ensemble and it appeared to be an extract of the Mozart opera "Die Zauberflöte" (The Magical Flute). I compared my arrangement with the original and of course it was pretty different, but OK...

Here it is, enjoy the listen!

Max

Walsch La Douce Flute

Re: Walsch La Douce Flute

Hello Max,

this is a fine piece of music. What a joy! I don't know the original, but your choice of making it a waltz is just great thinking. Which flute did you use? Garritan?

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Code:
    Which flute did you use? Garritan?
    It's for once a real flute (de kleine compagnie), just like all the other instruments.

Max

Oh, I thought that it was a new recording with sampled libraries, but it is a real one.

Raymond

Max,

What a delight!
    I had some health issues for the past days, so, as I feel better, this is the first piece of music I listened to, lifting my failing optimism.

Thanks

Ted

Ted, Glad I could lift up your spirit and health. Thank Mozart for the basic idea...

Max

Hey Max! Thanks for the share. I know I have said it many many times! I like your stuff. This and a lot of your compositions really bring me back to the renaissance ERA for some reason. It is happy and very touching, but has that old feel. LOL, I cannot explain it, you would have to understand the feeling.

Thanks,

Richard

Maestro!

Are you on solo flute?

(I see that your records with De Kleine Compagnie are no longer available on iTunes. Am I wrong?)
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Maestro!

Are you on solo flute?

(I see that your records with De Kleine Compagnie are no longer available on iTunes. Am I wrong?)

No, Fabio, I'm the humble conductor in this one. I used to play the second or third flute or in case, the historical military flute (without valves, wooden instrument, copied after a 17th century little traverso, used mainly in military marching bands in the 17th and 18th, early 19th century - it could be the predecessor of the piccolo).

Thanks for listening,

Max

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Hey Max! Thanks for the share. I know I have said it many many times! I like your stuff. This and a lot of your compositions really bring me back to the renaissance ERA for some reason. It is happy and very touching, but has that old feel. LOL, I cannot explain it, you would have to understand the feeling.

Thanks Richard. It doesn't really matter what your feeling is, as long as you like the music. It's in fact late 18th century music.

Max

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast