• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio capture is not syncing properly

Share/Bookmark

Audio capture is not syncing properly

I have been succesful syncing 2 tracks with Giga and Cakewalk into Cool Edit Pro, but the third track gets off sync. I have the midi enabled in CEPro and in Cakewalk I did as Nemesys said, \"Use Start, never Continue\" in the Options-Project-Midi out section. I also have the midi sync checked on the audio capture box in Giga which starts recording to wave when I hit play on Cakewalk. My third track seems to still drift out of sync though when I play them all back in CEPro Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 01-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 01-07-2001).]

Re: Audio capture is not syncing properly

I had a similar problem, maybe the solution that worked for me will work for you. When I had audio tracks in my Cakewalk .wrk file and captured with GSt, everything synched up fine (unless I overloaded GSt with too much polyphony for my system). When I removed all the audio tracks, I couldn\'t synch up the wav\'s no matter what I did. Maybe putting a single audio track into your .wrk file will help.

From Cakewalk, choose the audio-sync instead of MIDI-sync, even you don\'t have any audio tracks yet. Also in the audio setup like Play/rec timing master, select the wave-play/rec driver(1) for them. If still having problems, do one more thing, try check/un-check the \"use wave out position for timing\".
    Hope this helps,
    LHong

Thanks for your help guys. Will try!

Go Back to forum