• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP! record the giga sampler's sound to HD???

Share/Bookmark

HELP! record the giga sampler\'s sound to HD???

How can I record the giga sampler\'s sound to my HD?
    When I tried to output the giga\'s sound from my soundcard to my Mackie console, and then output from the console to my soundcard\'s line-in. It causes feedback and records nothing. Can anyone suggest me any solutions to record the sounds to my hard drive please?
    I\'m using cakewalk9.0 under Windows98.
    Thank you!!!

Re: HELP! record the giga sampler\'s sound to HD???

It is not impossible. I am doing it on my Gina soundcard. You just have to turn off the monitoring there

It\'s impossible to do that. You can not take a feed from your outputs and then run the same feed to the same sound card\'s inputs. You would either have to have two separate sound cards or use the sequencer of your choice with GS.

Or... Simply use the capture to disk function.

Definitely use the capture to disk function! Why do a D/A and a A/D conversion and the resulting loss of quality as the audio leaves and returns to the computer, when you can keep it 100% in the digital domain?

I have Win98, a SBLive soundcard, Cakewalk 9, and I can record the GigaStudio output directly into Cakewalk (without the sound leaving the computer). I think I read somewhere that you need a sound card that has 4 channels in order to do this...

[This message has been edited by GigaBeliever2 (edited 01-20-2001).]

Hi Digital!

When I first got GS I always thought the audio routing back to the sequencer/audio recording software will be through software drivers! Until i discovered this was not so after fiddling with my Cubase VST 3.7 for a while. How could such a great software innovation like GS leave out such an obvious feature that everyone will need?

You can do physical routing through cables if you have a soundcard with more than a pair of stereo inputs. I am using Wamirack24 and luckily it has inputs 3/4 which i route the signal back to VST for monitoring/ recording.

THe wamirack24 will also have a driver soon that will feed the signal from the GS outputs internally to the inputs. Also I heard there is a shareware program called Virtual Audio Cable which may be able to do this in its future versions.

Go Back to forum