• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: IT'S TiME TO VOTE FOR CHALLENGE #31!!!!

Share/Bookmark

IT'S TiME TO VOTE FOR CHALLENGE #31!!!!

We had a total of 7 entries this time, all of them of excellent quality, and very different styles. I'm sure you will enjoy listening to them all!

As a reminder: The contest was to create a piece based on the following tritone-rich theme:

Frank, who set this challenge, specified the following:

I ask that the four measure theme be prominently featured, in the notated rhythmic pattern, at least once (but not necessarily the first four measures of your arrangement). In other words, as usual, let's all be able to clearly hear the source material at least once in each arrangement ... the rest is completely open to your imaginations! Your arrangements should be between 1-3 minutes long.

Now it's our turn to vote for our favorite (or favorites, if you really can't decide!). Voting rules are the same as before, and are posted on the voting site. Any questions, feel free to post to this thread.

By the way, one of the entries is mine - I was told I could submit one even though I'm hosting the poll. I promise not to rig the results!

OK, here's where you listen to the entries and vote:

__________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Re: IT'S TiME TO VOTE FOR CHALLENGE #31!!!!

Impressive work EVERYONE!

I really need to listen to all of these a few more times before committing my vote. Whoever wins that is great but from what I heard, these are all winners.

Congratulations to all!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Love to see people start voting and commenting. Come on, we've got 7 great presentations of a considerably difficult theme! Come and vote. Don't just read and leave...
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

10 people have voted so far - thanks to all 10! I'm sure many more are intending to listen and vote - let's support the hard work of the entrants. I'm sure you will enjoy listening to the entries, if you can spare 15 or so minutes!

Challenges, haven't seen those for a while! Guess that's what I miss for disappearing for a year.

Listened and voted; some interesting takes on the theme. Keep 'em coming!
    -- Matt Wong

15 people have voted now - thanks to all! There's still time to vote if you haven't done so - just 15 minutes or so of your time to support the hard work of the 7 entrants. The last couple of challenges had around 25 people voting, so I'm sure there's more of you out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Silh View Post
    Challenges, haven't seen those for a while! Guess that's what I miss for disappearing for a year. Listened and voted; some interesting takes on the theme. Keep 'em coming!
    Welcome back, Matt, and thanks for voting!
    Owen

KER-BUMP!!

Just cast my ballot for Challenge 31 ... and if YOU haven't voted yet, PLEASE VOTE!!!

You still have about six hours left, so please CAST YOUR VOTE and support the hard work these seven musicians have contributed, and our wonderful community in general.

Man, these were all so great and fun to listen to!!!!! So much creativity and musicality on a somewhat more difficult theme. Great job, friends!!

Best regards ... Oh ... and did I say it yet? VOTE!!!!!!

Frank
    Frank D'Erasmo
    FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
    All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop

Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, World, GAS, Stradivari Violin & GigaStudio. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer & Finale.

Without giving too much away, we have a tie situation again! More votes needed! Come on, it'll only take you 15 minutes, and you'll really enjoy the entries!

CAST YOUR VOTE
    Yes please!
    I can't stand for an entire month of sun, sea, good food and good beverages
    missing the name(s) of the winner(s)!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum