• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suite for Contrabass Solo, Op. 32 - VSL Solo Strings (Full)

Share/Bookmark

Suite for Contrabass Solo, Op. 32 - VSL Solo Strings (Full)

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

The Score is here: https://app.box.com/s/o3fsvrgu5b1jeztelgva

Dedicated to Max Hamburg.......

I loved doing this. Though a member of the strings family, a completely different instrument. With this I will end my survey about the possibilities of the VSL Solo Strings (Full) library. I had them all, tackled many problems, ran into limitations, sometimes giving me severe headaches. After about 4 months of struggling it is time to go ahead with other works.

See also: http://www.demuziekvanraymondrobijns.nl/EtalageEN.html for the others.

Enjoy,

Raymond
    Last edited by Raymond62; 07-26-2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: adding score

Re: Suite for Contrabass Solo, Op. 32 - VSL Solo Strings (Full)

Raymond, we welcome you as the reborn Bottesini.

Great composition, great rendering.

Mr. Hamburg must be proud of the great amount of fine music people are dedicating to him.
    What is your secret, Max?
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post

Mr. Hamburg must be proud of the great amount of fine music people are dedicating to him.
    He is a Belgian!!!

Thank you for listening and commenting.

Raymond

Hi Raymond, Fabio,

Thousands of composers would dedicate their works to me, merely for our famous and gigantic amount of delicious beers (and not to forget: (French) fries, which are most typical for Belgium, plus the high quality chocolate). There, carissimo amico Fabio, is the reason. Furthermore, I'm nothing but a diligent amateur composer, just like you are and that is why I didn't understand the honour Raymond did to me. And I'm so proud with that marvellous suite.
    The suite is probably the most accessible and enjoyable varied form to study the use of samples with. And what a job Raymond did! The entire suite proves so many things: the mastering of the material (VSL solo samples), the keyswitching and CC application, the technical knowledge to make it sound nearly perfect, the natural ambience and reverb, the detailed approach, the realistic dynamics and accents...
    Once again, Raymond has proven himself to be a top class composer: good ideas, mastering of the instruments, great skills to deal with samples and recording. And I happen to know that Raymond is a hard worker: His compositions are never the result of some hasty fiddling, but always thought through and elaborate. He mostly works days, weeks on end to achieve satisfactory result and still then, he often reworks the 'final' version...

I'm so grateful for that wonderful music (once more!),

Max

A slightly different performance can be heard on my website (/Window). Same score, but some better articulation of double stops and arpeggio's. Also got rid of too many portamenti.

See you around guys, I have some "Musikalischer Spass" in mind.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post

Fabio, please PM me with your email address......

Raymond

Go Back to forum