• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question on ARIA and Sonar X3

Share/Bookmark

Question on ARIA and Sonar X3

I have been trying to work with Sonar X3 for the last couple of days. I just ran into a problem with the ARIA Multi (64 bit) engine. When I try to set up multiple outputs (1/2 3/4 5/6 etc.) I have all the choices in the drop down menu grayed out except for the first choice (1/2).

Did I miss something in preferences or setup so they become unavailable to me? Sonar X2 still has the outputs available to me. Maybe someone in this group has come across this problem. If so, I would really like your input.

Thanks all,

RichR
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Question on ARIA and Sonar X3

Hi Rich,

in X2 it could be due to this, probably still the same in X3;

when you Insert>Soft Synth>Aria Player (multi) it will then show the Insert Soft Synth Options dialogue - you have to check the box marked All Synth Outputs: Stereo if you want to use more than the first pair of Stereo Outputs.

Cheers,

O.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar tango View Post
    Hi Rich,

in X2 it could be due to this, probably still the same in X3;

when you Insert>Soft Synth>Aria Player (multi) it will then show the Insert Soft Synth Options dialogue - you have to check the box marked All Synth Outputs: Stereo if you want to use more than the first pair of Stereo Outputs.

Cheers,

O.
    It is the same in X3.
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Ahh... yes, but you see, I am doing the setup correctly and I still can't get the outputs to be available except for 1/2. I have experimented all day. I was hoping someone has run into this as a problem. I can get X2 to work just fine with ARIA but X3 is misbehaving.

Maybe I need to address this to cakewalk. That is sometimes like talking to a brick wall.

Thanks anyway,

Rich

Okay, okay, I cannot assume anything. I assumed the download of Sonar X3 that I did just this weekend was up to date. You know what?

It wasn't.

As a matter of fact it was 4 updates behind. When I downloaded the updates and install them. That little problem of the outputs disappeared. All is running as it should be. Thanks for the responses and support. What I learned from this was always check for updates after downloading new software.

Rich

Hello Rich
    If you click on Help in X3, and About, you should see: (X3e build 246-x64)
    When I had similar problem, I had the WRONG Aria version. It said "Multi" but it was not, and I had only 1/2 available also. Changing in Utilities/Plug-in Mgr which version I wanted, gave me the proper loaded and all the outputs to 31/32. But, thanks to Randy, at download I also downloaded X3e before I started anything.
    Regarding X3, I had regular "fatal errors" with X2 and also with earlier versions of Sonar, NOT ONE with X3e!

Ted

Thanks for the comments Ted. The problem actually resolved itself after I downloaded and install the latest Sonar X3e updates. DOH! I should have known better than to assume the latest update version is in the downloadable purchased version. However, to my own defense, there are companies that have their software up to date for internet sales directly from the software company. Hmmm, go figure!

Rich

Go Back to forum