• Register
  • Help

Topic: Super Low Polyphony?

Share/Bookmark

Super Low Polyphony?

Hi all, a newbie with Gigasampler here. I converted some Akai S3000 format sample libraries like Ultimate String and Prosonus Grand Piano to .gig files and they sounded fine. Until I started using Cubase VST 3.7 to play parts together I realised a lot of notes are stolen. I was thought it was the multi-layering of sounds in some programs but the problem persisted with all other smaller and simpler programs in the libraries. And I was using only these 2 instruments!

I checked the polyphony setting in the GS config menu, and it reflected 64 notes, so I wonder how could two programs alone eat up so much polyphony.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I run a PIII 800 with 256 MB RAM and Wamirack24.

Re: Super Low Polyphony?

Try GSFIX
    Visit www.inet.hr/~nsiskov

Regards
    Neno

Hi Neno,
    Thanks, but is GSfix safe to install? What I mean is, will it cause any conflicts with certain pieces of hardware, e.g video cards etc? What does the shareware actually do, as in what does it modify in the windows settings etc to optimize the system)? Is it the same things as recommended by the Cubase VST support forum (which I am also in), i.e. Vcache settings, virtual memory, etc?

Thanks and regards.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Saudade:
    [B]Hi Neno,
    Thanks, but is GSfix safe to install? YES What I mean is, will it cause any conflicts with certain pieces of hardware, e.g video cards etc? NO

What does the shareware actually do, as in what does it modify in the windows settings etc to optimize the system)?
    Is it the same things as recommended by the Cubase VST support forum (which I am also in), i.e. Vcache settings, virtual memory, etc? No

Your conclusion.

Go Back to forum