Hello fellow GOS users!
This library is so totally awesome, I hate to complain about anything, but I\'m having a crashing problem that\'s preventing me from getting any work done which is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else experieced this:
Go into Maestro and bring up the MIDI hardware inputs dialog box. When I initially set it, everything worked fine, but now every time that I try to change something and then click the OK button, I get a hard freeze and it happens every time on 2 DIFFERENT MACHINES! Would anyone here try this and let me know if you crash as well?
Thanks for the replies
I\'m using 2 dedicated PCs, both with Wavecenter PCI cards. There\'s nothing else installed on these PCs, except for GigaStudio, and the Wavecenter drivers. I sequence on a Mac and send midi to these 2 PCs via a MOTU MTPAV, (only midi going into the Wavecenter\'s MIDI inputs).
It doesn\'t really dump me out of the program, I press OK and nothing happens. I let it sit for about 15 minutes to see if anything would eventually happen, but no go. It did work the very first time I set it, but I set it wrong and so now I\'m stuck using 1 input. I tried reinstalling both the app and the drivers. No go.
I talked to both Gary and Tom about this and we\'re all using the Wavecenter cards. However, I think the problem might be with the WDM drivers that I\'m using. They\'re extremely buggy in every other way, so I wouldn\'t be surprised if there\'s something messed up in the midi code that\'s causing this problem. I\'m going to switch back to the old drivers and see if this fixes thing.
I am experiencing the same problem. I am using Maestro Tools on a machine that only has GigaStudio96 (No Sequencer). My Midi and Audio interface is an Egosys WamiRack, and I am running Windows 98.
When I launch Maestro Tools, it tends to freeze (50% of the time), after which I essentially have to restart the computer. The only way to resolve the issue is to go to GigaStudio, enable the hardware midi inputs (instead of the MarbleHead), reboot, restart MaestroTools, restart GigaStudio, enable the MarbeHead inputs and then it works. I sometimes have to repeat this manoeuver several times.
A patch correcting this would be more than welcome.