• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Crashing problem w/ Maestro

Share/Bookmark

Crashing problem w/ Maestro

Hello fellow GOS users!
    This library is so totally awesome, I hate to complain about anything, but I\'m having a crashing problem that\'s preventing me from getting any work done which is extremely frustrating. Has anyone else experieced this:
    Go into Maestro and bring up the MIDI hardware inputs dialog box. When I initially set it, everything worked fine, but now every time that I try to change something and then click the OK button, I get a hard freeze and it happens every time on 2 DIFFERENT MACHINES! Would anyone here try this and let me know if you crash as well?
    TIA
    -J

Re: Crashing problem w/ Maestro

what kind of MIDI interface are you using?

I\'ve been able to change MIDI I/O no problem

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

I\'m using a Wavecenter PCI on both of my machines.
    -J

and it dumps each time you select nother MIDI input?

I dont have this problem. did it ever work? Try unistalling MAestro and reinstalling it and the drivers.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Are you using MaestroTools with a sequencer program? If so, you don\'t need to use the MIDI hardware inputs - they should be set to \'none\'.

If I remember correctly J uses Giga on its own machine....but I could be confused

wait I am always confused :P

I\'m not sure what the deal is. We need Jeff

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Well, as I suspected, the WDM drivers for the Wavecenter PCI card seem to be the culprit. After installing the older 2.09 drivers, everything is working well.

I would recommend staying away from the WDM drivers if you\'re using a Wavecenter PCI card
    -J

Thanks for the replies
    I\'m using 2 dedicated PCs, both with Wavecenter PCI cards. There\'s nothing else installed on these PCs, except for GigaStudio, and the Wavecenter drivers. I sequence on a Mac and send midi to these 2 PCs via a MOTU MTPAV, (only midi going into the Wavecenter\'s MIDI inputs).
    It doesn\'t really dump me out of the program, I press OK and nothing happens. I let it sit for about 15 minutes to see if anything would eventually happen, but no go. It did work the very first time I set it, but I set it wrong and so now I\'m stuck using 1 input. I tried reinstalling both the app and the drivers. No go.

I talked to both Gary and Tom about this and we\'re all using the Wavecenter cards. However, I think the problem might be with the WDM drivers that I\'m using. They\'re extremely buggy in every other way, so I wouldn\'t be surprised if there\'s something messed up in the midi code that\'s causing this problem. I\'m going to switch back to the old drivers and see if this fixes thing.

I\'ll let you know
    -J

I am experiencing the same problem. I am using Maestro Tools on a machine that only has GigaStudio96 (No Sequencer). My Midi and Audio interface is an Egosys WamiRack, and I am running Windows 98.

When I launch Maestro Tools, it tends to freeze (50% of the time), after which I essentially have to restart the computer. The only way to resolve the issue is to go to GigaStudio, enable the hardware midi inputs (instead of the MarbleHead), reboot, restart MaestroTools, restart GigaStudio, enable the MarbeHead inputs and then it works. I sometimes have to repeat this manoeuver several times.

A patch correcting this would be more than welcome.

Try starting GS first, followed by MaestroTools. Others have had crashing problems when they launched the programs in the opposite order.

Go Back to forum