• Register
  • Help

Topic: Immediate help needed...please...

Immediate help needed...please...

I\'m a composer in Florida.

I\'m using Giga and am considering Gary\'s library....I now have a TV spot to do next week where the client has requested \"real strings\" for fear of some horrid MIDI sounding result. Truthfully, even my best string samples would not fool them on this job. It involves a pretty, and flowing legato violin section playing a broad melody over a pop backing. I would like to know if there is anyone out there with Gary\'s library that would be willing o contact me via EMAIL so they could pass on their number to me, and I could call them and play the scratch track...with my guide strings...and have them tell me whether Gary\'s strings would do the trick. It will actually cost me about the same to either buy Gary\'s lbirary, or do the real string session. If anyone is willing please contact me at tomhartman@adelphia.net

Thanks a million.

Re: Immediate help needed...please...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomhartman:
    It will actually cost me about the same to either buy Gary\'s lbirary, or do the real string session.
    Thanks a million.

Just a thought: It sounds like Gary\'s library is the best thing going right now (I know that I\'m planning to pick it up as soon as I can muster up the cash).

If it will cost you the same for the library vs. ONE string session it seems like an obvious choice. Since you are a composer, you will undoubtedly have need for quality strings in your future compositions, so it would seem to be an economically sound move to pick up the library.

Re: Immediate help needed...please...

A word of caution here. If you order Gary\'s library it\'ll take him some time to get it to you. Gary does a real nice job of personalizing the documentation for you. It will also take some time to master. This is not simple software where you can load it and go. My recommendation would be hire the real strings and give them what they want. Then take your earnings and buy Gary\'s library. When they come back for more you\'ll be ready with demos of your MIDI strings. Here\'s a thought, redo this first session with Gary\'s library and ask them to tell you which is real.

Steve www.mp3.com/stevechandler
    aka Ettienne www.mp3.com/ettienne

PS. The $999 introductory price won\'t last much longer, end of the month at most.

[This message has been edited by pantonality (edited 10-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by pantonality (edited 10-11-2001).]

Go Back to forum