• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sounds not playing on some channels

Share/Bookmark

Sounds not playing on some channels

I was working on a piece yesterday using a new performance and only sounds on about 5 or 6 MIDI channels. Some sounds were using the first port in GigaStudio and others on the other port. I loaded a sound on the 2nd port on channel 8. I had not used this port in the performance nor in Cakewalk. No sound would come out and no MIDI data was going through. I checked settings in Cakewalk, GigaStudio and MaestroTools and everything looked right. I could play the same sound on the other port, same channel and on the 2nd port on other channels. This has happened before with other Giga performances and in other pieces. Any ideas what\'s going on? I\'ve only had this problem since using Maestro Tools.

Re: Sounds not playing on some channels

If you are layering accross ports. Remember that with up and down bowing/alt bowing turned on you may experience problems with instruments not meant to use Maestro\'s switching feature. The auto switch happens before giga, which in turn may trigger \"empty\" keys in instruments not meant to use this feature. You\'re best bet is to bypass Maestro on the channels you are port layering with.

EDIT-
    Just reread the post. You stated no MIDI data was going through. It could be another program \"taking\" the Marble sounds driver...or something to tht effect. Will it play if you pick the Nemesys ort directly?

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 11-12-2001).]

Re: Sounds not playing on some channels

KingIdiot,

I don\'t have any ports linked or anything else using the ports. Starting with fresh Giga performance and few channels active in Cakewalk. I never had this problem until I started using MaestroTools. It is sporadic and seems to not always be the same channel. I may work on a few pieces before I run into the issue. By the way, I\'ve tried bypassing the port/channel in MaestroTools and it still doesn\'t play.

I\'ve also run into issues where program changes just quit working on one channel. I open up Maestro Tools without changing anything and it will start working - this has happened a couple times.

Go Back to forum