• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: First steps with GOS

Share/Bookmark

First steps with GOS

I have GS since about 4 weeks and GOS since about 2 weeks. Last nigth I could reproduce a short exempt of one of my compositions with the library. It is a different style of music, as most of the samples I could hear on the internet using GOS. It is on my site at http://www.iwanroth-sax.com, the path is English -My Studio -the name is Diadem. It is a short exempt out of an 9 minute orchestra piece. 1.1 mb, download between 1 and 5 minutes.
    Any feed back and comments will be highly appreciated

------------------
    IGOR

Re: First steps with GOS

I like the piece Igor, very abstract and modern. I\'d like to hear more of it though!
    I thought maybe the reverb level could come up a little more to create a slightly larger hall sound. Of course, it\'s hard to judge on mp3 and these little polk audio computer speakers and it\'s all subjective anyway.
    Nice job.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-15-2001).]

Thank you for listening. The reverb is made with Altiverb. I just got it yesterday, so the least you can say is that I am not an expert with it, but to me it is the best reverb that I ever used.

------------------
    IGOR

Hey Igor,

I would like to listen to it, but your website seems to be down. Can you look at it?

Martin

Hi Martin,
    I just went to my homepage and for me it did worked fine, but maybe they had temporary failure

Try http://www.iwanroth-sax.com/

There was a comma making the original link bad

I listened IGOR, really wild and entertaining. I think the mix could do beter with some more placement in the stereo field but the reverb sounds nice. Great for your first try with GOS. I think there needs to be som eediting of short bow velocities and articulations to get away from the samples getting played twice next to each other.

Still its a great piece

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Thanks for listening King Idiot and for your comments, which I really do appreciate. I know that I have a lot to learn in order ti use GOS to the full potential and it will take some time. But I am gratefull for all comments and for the help I do receive on this chatpage.

------------------
    IGOR

Than you Martini,

This is food for my soul! I did also remade a String Quartet with GigaSudio, but unfortunately I do have no Garritan Solo Strings, so I had to it with Siedlaczec. Maybe I will some day? Gary. if you read this, think about it, you already have your first client for the Garittan Solo Strings. Since I have some experience with (real) strings - my first instrument was violin, I would be honored to be a betatester.

------------------
    IGOR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IGOR:
    I did also remade a String Quartet with GigaSudio, but unfortunately I do have no Garritan Solo Strings, so I had to it with Siedlaczec.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Igor,

I would really like to hear your string quartet. I never heard chamber music performed with GS... and I am very curious to hear how it sounds like. Of course, we would all love to get Gary\'s solo strings... but while waiting, did you think about Dan Dean\'s?

Martin

Hi Martini,
    Thanks again!
    I will probably put the String Quartet on the net after I have ¨treated¨ it with Altiverb, but since, at least I do think so, my music is very dependent on sounds and articulations, it gives with the Siedlaczek, is not really as I want. I do not know the Dan Deans solo strings, it is as good as GOS? I ordered the Dan Deans Woodwind, but have not received then yet. Since I bought numerous libraries I finally do not use, I want to be sure of the quality.

------------------
    IGOR

Go Back to forum