• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritian Orchestral Strings

Garritian Orchestral Strings

Just wanted to say hello to the group.

I will be receiving Garritian Orchestral Strings tomorrow afternoon and I am counting the minutes.

It\'s a pleasure to be here.

Thank You

Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

Re: Garritian Orchestral Strings

Sorry for the type O.

Welcome to the community Francis. you\'ll enjoy it when you get it

In the Mean time. Read through some of hte previous posts to get a feeling of what is to be expected when you first get it. And to get a list of things to try in the \"GOS Tips and Tricks\" thread

Really...I am an Idiot

Hey King!

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I am so jazzed.

I spoke with Gary and Marianne before I placed the order and the are just great. Very helpful and all that.

As far as reading posts. Are ya kidding me?
    I\'ve read every and any GOS post, downloaded all demos user and official and I am going crazy.

Like I stated before, I am a Sound Designer by trade and I attack my writing with a sound designers approach.

If you listen to the, \"we thought this was clever\" Bombbastic.mp3
    at www.dssoundware.com...
    That\'s me.

I am not a classical musician. In fact, I am a Bassist of 22 years. (Go Geddy!!)
    I toured with Eddie Money, Blue Oyster Cult, Joan Jett.

So anyway, I really admire many of the work I hear on this forum (including the kings) and I hope to post mp3\'s soon for a dose of healthy feedback and advice.

Thanks again
    I really enjoy reading about him.

Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

I\'m the same way Francis. I tend to like sound Design approaches more. But it tends to make me WAY more of a tweaker when it comes to my sequences. Too much of one sometimes.

I\'m waiting for London Percusion so I can finally have some DS soundware in my collection. I have been planning doing all kinds of pitch shifting to their stuff as well. I love doing that kind of crap to drums

You\'ll have a ball doing that stuff with GOS too. I did it witht the violins to get more attacks on the low strings Sounds pretty good too.

Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 11-16-2001).]

Chandler, Arizona

I can still remember the excitement I had when I opened up the beta package. Wow, what a manual and those CD\'s. Then I loaded it and was amazed at how far they had were with the beta version. Then the feedback started flying from the beta testers. They started implementing all of our suggestions and working those 12-16 hour days!!

Then I started receiving the 2nd beta discs. Wow, all over again when I started using Maestro Tools! The suggestions started flying again and Tom Hopkins pulled some more tricks out of his bag (it must be a very large bag)!

Then I received the final version. Wow, this is the most awesome manual and everything is just first class! They even personalized the manual with my name!! I\'m still learning new things about this library everytime I use it. The depth can be overwhelming - thankfully they took our suggestions on the manual!

As you can see, I\'m still excited over this product! Now for the solo strings, brass, woodwinds, etc. to go along with it.

Go Back to forum