• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Me~got's~o ... Legato!

Share/Bookmark

Me~got\'s~o ... Legato!

Now that I have a sustian pedal, legato mode works well.

Anyone have tips on GPC 2 and 5 to help achive soft, lush lines?

Thanks

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Re: Me~got\'s~o ... Legato!

Quick question. Is there any chance of .art updates that will have slow (slower) attacks.

I can hear the warmth within legato mode but a slow, floating attack would seal the deal.

Just a thought.

Francis,

hceck out the tips and Tricks thread in thie GOS forum for how to get a slower attack with GOS. I\'d suggest using MIDI CC11 as well to get \"swelly\" lines.

high notes sound good with very soft tremelo which you can crossfade into sustain notes via MIDI cc 11 (downwards on tremelo and iverted upwards on sustain)

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Hey king. How goes it?

Is cc11 breath control?

CC11 is expression control. I think King means use that in conjunction with the mod wheel EXP patches. You have to be an octopus to do it all at the same time though. So do one thing at a time.
    You can also just use a regular SusV patch and use your CC11 control if you want a slower fade in, fade out.
    I find the grand detaches to be the best for expressive slow string stuff, but they don\'t sustain very long. In the future they are supposed to be updated to sustain longer.
    The masking control is something you have to experiment with.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-20-2001).]

I wholeheartedly second that! I would also love to see an update with slower attacks...drawing in expression controllers left and right ain\'t my idea of a party.
    I was actually pretty surprised to find that there were no slow attack patches in the library. Granted, I\'m still new to the library, so if I\'m missing anything (which is very possible), please feel free to chime in.

Regards,
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    Quick question. Is there any chance of .art updates that will have slow (slower) attacks.

I can hear the warmth within legato mode but a slow, floating attack would seal the deal.

Just a thought.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scott,

I agree.

But, I will say this.

If Gary could(and maybe he can)he will.

This is not the typical, \"you bought it deal with it\" Library.

Gary listens to what we have to say!

There\'s a switch, uh?

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Hmmm I don\'t understand why you want these slow attacks. If you really, really (really really!) want them, you can just make a new patch with slow attack in the editor. It will be a fake one however, unlike one that you make with expression (maybe in combination with volume), which will be more natural, also because it won\'t be the exact same attacklength each time - you can vary it as you like.

I adjusted the attack slower on a SusV 1st violin patch in the Giga Editor and it helped a little but not much.
    I think what I\'m having problems with is note to note the strings tie to eachother to quick for slow string stuff and like Simon said this can be adjusted in the giga Editor with a slower attack but it does make the sample sound faker.
    I think for really slow stuff (ex:Adagio for Strings) the grand detaches with a longer sustain would be ideal.
    Simon, you seem to have gotten good slow string sounds in your \"Adagio for Strings\" demo. Why don\'t you share what settings you used? (masking control value, patches, etc.) Did you use the cc11 control with those as well with EXP LEG instruments?
    I\'d appreciate any advice on that.

Simon - would it be possible to hear the \"Adagio for Strings\" that has been mentioned? I would be really interested to hear how it turned out.

Many thanks!

Mark

Go Back to forum