• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's a matter of clear thinking.

Share/Bookmark

It\'s a matter of clear thinking.

Wow!!

I guess it takes getting over the excitement of loading in 16 CD\'s before you start to think clearly about the sounds in GOS

I am starting to get the chills. Some truly beautiful violins, Gary.

PS. I vote for longer sustain on Grand Detache strings or a loop setting for the update.

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Re: It\'s a matter of clear thinking.

I just have to add to this.

It\'s a strange phenomena

Gary, your Strings just continue to grow on me. I really haven\'t had the chance to use them in a composition and yet, on their own, with very little editing they speak.

Truly. I cannot stress enough that all it took was a clear head and a deep breath and the samples play themselves.

Your really gifted.

Now, with all that said...

Oh, please can we get loops/sustains for all short bowing instruments? hehe, can\'t blame a guy for trying.

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    http://www.audiovisionsonline.com

Loops for all short bowing instruments.... Isnt that what you call a contradiction in terms?

I think he means the grand detaches and portatos. I never heard of looped marcatos

But of course!

Well my guess is that it cant be done. Maybe with pingpong looping, but that will not sound very natural Looping of the harmonics would also be nice. I gave it a shot once, but I wasnt very succesful.

Hey Guys,

Why don\'t leave this up to, Gary.

It was just a thought.

I really just wanted to let him know how happy a user I am.

Hi Simon,

I think folks are referring to the grand detache patches in particular when they mention looping the short bows. Their expression and tonal qualities are quite remarkable and really stand out amongst the set, and I know I would love to see some extended versions of those in particular.

Regards,
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Ravn:
    Loops for all short bowing instruments.... Isnt that what you call a contradiction in terms?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got it, Scott!

They are amazing! I really like, Portato!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Speed:
    Hi Simon,

I think folks are referring to the grand detache patches in particular when they mention looping the short bows. Their expression and tonal qualities are quite remarkable and really stand out amongst the set, and I know I would love to see some extended versions of those in particular.

Regards,
    Scott

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum