• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maestro Help - Legato Mode

Share/Bookmark

Maestro Help - Legato Mode

Hi All

I have read various threads regarding Maestro Help but not sure if anyone else has had the same problem....

I have Maestro tools working and am fine with activating the up and down bows... However, when it comes to depressing the sustain pedal two notes are played one octave apart. If I depress C3, for example, C3 and C4 sound at the same time.

I guess one of my settings is incorrect.....

Have I totally misunderstood the workings of legato mode or should there be two notes played at the same pitch??!?!?!

Any help would be appreciated!

Mark

Re: Maestro Help - Legato Mode

Mark,

First, let\'s make sure you are using the feature with the correct instruments. The legato feature will only work with LEG instruments (e.g. 1st Vln SusV LEG). If you try to use it with other instruments or outside the normal range of an instrument, you may experience false or multiple note triggering depending on the mapping of the particular instrument. If, for instance, you tried to use the legato feature with any of the short bow ALT instruments it would result in the symptom you describe. Now, if you are getting this symptom with LEG instruments then I would suggest contacting Gary directly and we\'ll try to track down the source of your problem.

Tom

Re: Maestro Help - Legato Mode

Tom

Thanks for getting back to me.

It could well be that I wasn\'t using a legato instrument at the time! Boy, do I feel embarassed now!!!

I will give it a go later when I get home from work and will let you know if I have any further problems.

Thanks

Mark

Go Back to forum