• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legato and XP questions

Legato and XP questions

I\'m considering buying this library and I\'ve got three questions:

(i) How well does this legato function in Maestro Tools sound? Is it something far superior advanced midi programming?

(ii) Is there a demo showing the legato function with a single line playing (an arrangement with one melody line only - no other intrumentgroups)? If not, would anybody be kind enough to perhaps record a short melody line?

(iii) Will, and when in such case, Maestro Tools be working under Win XP?

Thanks in advance

Re: Legato and XP questions

MaestroTools for XP is in the works. I dont always use the legato function. It depends on what kind of lines you are writing how much needed the LEG function is, IMHO. The automatic alternate bowing is a must however if you work with ALT instruments (spiccato, martele, sautille, grand detache etc), unless you want to bother with moving some of your notes 3 octaves up/down.

Hi Rousseau,
    MaestroTools isn\'t yet available on XP - though I am developing an XP/2000 version. There will be an early access release soon. It\'ll be in beta testing this week, with the holidays (mostly!) over. Though it\'s not the final release it\'ll be available to you and others who need to use XP. Take care, and happy new year-

I am in the same situation. I am forced to use XP (too many problems with 98SE) but since I have upgraded to XP, i have had to stop working on 2 pieces that use Maestro tools extensively.

What shoud I do to get early access to the XP version ?(I am a registered user of GOS).

Go Back to forum