• Register
  • Help

Topic: DVD or CD Format

DVD or CD Format

I am about to purchase GOS and was wondering if anyone has opinions on the advantages/disadvantages of owning the (2) DVD format vs. the (16) CD format. Given a DVD drive, which I have, I would assume one would simply prefer the smaller number of disks. On the other hand should one feel more safe with the 16 CDs considering the possibility of harming a disk (pets) i.e. losing 1/16th rather than 1/2.

Re: DVD or CD Format

If you have a DVD, get that version. This save you swapping 16 disk and copying the libraries.
    GOS comes with a very nice and robust booklet, which provides more than enough protection for your disks.
    I know that two disks have a relatively higher risk of damage that sixteen, but I\'m quite confident that Gary will support you with replacement disks should anything go wrong.

Anyway, if the disks you get are OK, install everything on HD, this is your first backup. You can then easily copy individual libraries to a number of backup CD-R\'s for your own backup use.

I agree. DVD is the way to go if you have a DVD drive.

Chandler, Arizona

Get the DVD\'s! Mine took less than half the time to install versus the CD version.

Really...I am an Idiot

Thank you all for your quick responses. DVD it is. I think King needs a new keyboard - or something ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:

A lot of us are actually quite fond of Mr. Idiot this way... Something like a stroke of genius?

aww thx Peter

but someone will come along and blow us all away with something like

sedrhwehoon enjklsen grlk;jnnddd

Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum