• Register
  • Help

Topic: no loops at all?

no loops at all?

I\'m sorely tempted to buy GOS, especially after reading the review accompanying the editor\'s choice award. One thing I\'d like to know is if it\'s true that there are no looped samples.
    I understand that the samples are quite long, but there are times when I might want to hold a bass note, for example, for 20 or 30 seconds. Is there any way to achieve this with the GOS samples?

Re: no loops at all?

No loops, except for some of the special articulations like tremolo, trills and such. Whenever I want to have the basses lasting for e.g. the said 30 seconds, I just make 1-3 bar notes which I trigger immediately after eachother. This is not noticable in a full orchestral setting. If you want it played solo though, you´ll have to make the loops yourself or something - or use the light versions. I havent used the light versions much but I think they have loops on everything.

Full Strings Lite, which combines the different sections, has looped samples for all sustain instruments to give you a choice when you need to do a very long sustain. Other instruments, including tremolos, half-step trills and whole-step trills are looped in all instances throughout the library.

Thanks for your answers, these are good suggestions. By the way, just how long are the unlooped samples.... again... I\'m most concerned about double-bass samples.

Most of the sustain samples in the library are between 8 and 17 seconds long. The basses are generally between 11 and 15 seconds.

Chandler, Arizona

The lite versions sound about as good as the full versions. Just not as many layers and the samples are not chromatic.

i\'ve had great luck simply repeating 3 bar sustains \"tied\" together with a sustain pedal.

put the sustain controller on just prior to the seam, and off just after it, like a piece of tape.

sometimes, at high expression levels, i can hear the seam, other times, at lower expression values it is truly perfect. try it with the harmonics.

Go Back to forum