• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who is interested in an extended LA-layer for GOS?

Share/Bookmark

Who is interested in an extended LA-layer for GOS?

Hi, it\'s me again,

what I did\'t tell you in my \"Put MaestroTools first place\"-post was, that I personally use an extended special version of the Logic-Audio-layer I described. This layer allows me to switch between 4 MIDI-channels in real-time while playing lines. This way I am able to put any combination of patches into the possibility of getting \"keyswitched\" while playing. I don\'t have to tamper with the instrument-editor to combine articulations - I just fill my channel-slots the way I want and record my play to a Multi-Mode-channel. This works for any channel, because the transmit-channel of my keyboard defines the base-channel of the quartett. Actually I use the x-axis of the ribbon-controller of my AN1-X to switch the channels/patches, while the y-axis (pressure at any x-point) allows me to toggle ALT-modes. I felt comfortable playing with this after a short time and it can be a killer instantly recording lines, that would otherwise need sincere editing to create - all with a single finger, while the thumb is left over to control the EXP-wheel. Since it was quite easy to change the layer in a way, that keyswitches chose the channel, while aftertouch-data of the key-notes defined the ALT-setting, this strategy might be even practical for those of you having no ribbon-controller.

Now my questions:

1. Is anybody interested in using such a layer? Vote!

2. Would you prefer to switch between 8 channels instead of 4 (note that you could easily use program-changes to set up another articulation-quartet for other sections; this way you don\'t run out of channels so quickly)??

Tell me, what you think about this

Roman

[This message has been edited by Roman Beilharz (edited 01-23-2002).]

Re: Who is interested in an extended LA-layer for GOS?

Hi Roman,

I would sure like to see this layer - for my Scarbee bass libraries -any chance?

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roman Beilharz:
    Hi, it\'s me again,

what I did\'t tell you in my \"Put MaestroTools first place\"-post was, that I personally use an extended special version of the Logic-Audio-layer I described. This layer allows me to switch between 4 MIDI-channels in real-time while playing lines. This way I am able to put any combination of patches into the possibility of getting \"keyswitched\" while playing. I don\'t have to tamper with the instrument-editor to combine articulations - I just fill my channel-slots the way I want and record my play to a Multi-Mode-channel. This works for any channel, because the transmit-channel of my keyboard defines the base-channel of the quartett. Actually I use the x-axis of the ribbon-controller of my AN1-X to switch the channels/patches, while the y-axis (pressure at any x-point) allows me to toggle ALT-modes. I felt comfortable playing with this after a short time and it can be a killer instantly recording lines, that would otherwise need sincere editing to create - all with a single finger, while the thumb is left over to control the EXP-wheel. Since it was quite easy to change the layer in a way, that keyswitches chose the channel, while aftertouch-data of the key-notes defined the ALT-setting, this strategy might be even practical for those of you having no ribbon-controller.

Now my questions:

1. Is anybody interested in using such a layer? Vote!

2. Would you prefer to switch between 8 channels instead of 4 (note that you could easily use program-changes to set up another articulation-quartet for other sections; this way you don\'t run out of channels so quickly)??

Tell me, what you think about this

Roman

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Thomas,

yes, there is a chance. I just like to wait for Gary and Jeff to give there bliss to distributing my basic MaestroTools-simulation-layer. Then I could sit down and do the editing to the \"advanced\" version, but anyway I\'d like to know first, if people agreed with the keyswitch/aftertouch-idea and if they liked to have more than 4 channels at a time (see my post). So please tell me, what you want and I try to reserve some time to realize it., at least if some other people will show some interest.

But wait! When you were just interested in the channel-switching-feature without the MTools-emulation to use for your own library, there was no reason to wait. Maybe we could set up a nice deal: I don\'t own any bass-library yet, since I am a not too bad bass-player myself. Maybe you like to provide me some of your GigaInstruments and I will fiddle together an exclusive Scarbee-layer for Logic, eh ?

Roman

[This message has been edited by Roman Beilharz (edited 01-24-2002).]

Hi Roman,

Could you mail me at: info@scarbee.com now?

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roman Beilharz:
    Hi Thomas,

yes, there is a chance. I just like to wait for Gary and Jeff to give there bliss to distributing my basic MaestroTools-simulation-layer. Then I could sit down and do the editing to the \"advanced\" version, but anyway I\'d like to know first, if people agreed with the keyswitch/aftertouch-idea and if they liked to have more than 4 channels at a time (see my post). So please tell me, what you want and I try to reserve some time to realize it., at least if some other people will show some interest.

But wait! When you were just interested in the channel-switching-feature without the MTools-emulation to use for your own library, there was no reason to wait. Maybe we could set up a nice deal: I don\'t own any bass-library yet, since I am a not too bad bass-player myself. Maybe you like to provide me some of your GigaInstruments and I will fiddle together an exclusive Scarbee-layer for Logic, eh ?

Roman

[This message has been edited by Roman Beilharz (edited 01-24-2002).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thomas,

I could do the editing next tuesday to change to keyswitch-notes etc. and mail it to you then, but still I must know WHAT you want!??!

Will ya\' tell me?? WHAT IS YOUR DESIRE IN DETAIL?

I will NOT mail you my current layer, because it makes no sense for keyboards other than the AN1-x...

And what about the deal?

Roman

Hi Roman,

I would rather discuss this privately
    so please email me. If you can make something usefull for me a deal is sure...

Scarbee

Thomas,

I could do the editing next tuesday to change to keyswitch-notes etc. and mail it to you then, but still I must know WHAT you want!??!

Will ya\' tell me?? WHAT IS YOUR DESIRE IN DETAIL?

I will NOT mail you my current layer, because it makes no sense for keyboards other than the AN1-x...

And what about the deal?

Roman
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum